Skin Builder Blend file anyone??

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Skin Builder Blend file anyone??

Postby blindsaypatten » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:22 am

It's kinda surprising how little texture is required to defeat the eye's "smooth plastic detector.

I took a high resolution skin texture, tiled it a bunch to get the right scale, and then resized it down to match the other skins, and the result is definitely a step up from just a solid color. It's pretty easy to imagine just adjust for the desired tone and then layering on features like lips and nipples etc.

The original texture file: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 3edafc.jpg

The resulting "skin":
skin_texture.png

The resulting rendering:
skin_textured.jpg
blindsaypatten

Postby RobBaer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:01 am

blindsaypatten wrote:I notice that the young asian male skin uses a generic young_male_diffuse image and just sets diffuseColor settings in the mhmat file:
diffuseColor 1.0 0.95 0.85

If the difference between two race items can be a few numerical figures, perhaps it would make sense to make these numbers user-adjustable in the interface.

Have you discovered the material editor yet? It is on the utilities tab, but the plugin is off by default. Setting |plugins, and check the box to enable. It's a little crude, but gives you access to these numbers.
RobBaer

Postby blindsaypatten » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:19 pm

RobBaer wrote:Have you discovered the material editor yet? It is on the utilities tab, but the plugin is off by default. Setting |plugins, and check the box to enable. It's a little crude, but gives you access to these numbers.

I hadn't, thanks, I'll play with it.
blindsaypatten

Postby blindsaypatten » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:22 pm

After adjusting the colors to something more natural looking I uploaded the above skin to the User contributed assets.

SkinTextureIllustration.jpg
blindsaypatten

Previous

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader