making new poses (Blender Questions)

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

making new poses (Blender Questions)

Postby badwolf » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:16 pm

okay i think i have a handle on how to make the bvh files (and the semi required other files) but

1 how do you preset things in Blender to use XYZ Euler? (having to reset for each and every bone is a bit tiresome)

2 do you realy have to set the export to single frame each and every time??

Bonus question
3 any ideas on how to set blender to color the axis' (and a map of what rotation on each means)?
badwolf

Re: making new poses (Blender Questions)

Postby Marco_105 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:31 pm

>key

1-In BL you have a feature to apply same things to multiple selection: >Alt+sth you want apply (even modifier setting).
In your case go in Pose Mode select one bone manually then all bones >A open Properties panel >N →Location. Hold >Alt and select the Gimbal you want (or anything in a field) and then all things are going to be set as the following active element.

2-Set your End Frame to 1 in Render properties panel →Dimensions of your BL file, then you'll not have to set further.

3- I never heard about this feature but you can use the widget in 3D view
Attachments
gimbal.PNG
Marco_105

Postby badwolf » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Marco_105 wrote:>key

1-In BL you have a feature to apply same things to multiple selection: >Alt+sth you want apply (even modifier setting).
In your case go in Pose Mode select one bone manually then all bones >A open Properties panel >N →Location. Hold >Alt and select the Gimbal you want (or anything in a field) and then all things are going to be set as the following active element.

2-Set your End Frame to 1 in Render properties panel →Dimensions of your BL file, then you'll not have to set further.

3- I never heard about this feature but you can use the widget in 3D view

okay solving things in order the first worked so im going to try the second but

if you notice in the picture the widget has the axis' colored (red blue green) in my copy (2.78 these are all white) what did i break??
badwolf

Postby Marco_105 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Check Preferences →Themes, select User Interface and at the end of the file you will see that
Attachments
axis.PNG
axis.PNG (3.32 KiB) Viewed 4430 times
Marco_105

Postby badwolf » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:53 pm

never went into that panel so did not think of it

so now my next objective is to get the various ballet foot and arm positions laid out as axis numbers
badwolf

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader