Multi Layer Skins file anyone??

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Multi Layer Skins file anyone??

Postby badwolf » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 pm

If somebody wanted to build a MultiLayer Skin file how would that best be setup??

1 "base color"
2 Highlights
3 Shadows
4 Gender based shading
5 scars/tatoos
6 makeup/bodypaint

?? good for a working copy maybe??

i would have as a Zero layer one of the current skins

sidebar if i wanted to bake a skin does somebody have a good lighting setup and a good basic skin shader (im working on a win7 laptop right now and cycles hates me)
badwolf

Re: Multi Layer Skins file anyone??

Postby jujube » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:11 am

The current version of manuellab has multi layer cycles SSS skin nodes. If you go into %appdata%/roaming/Blender Foundation/ all the textures are there in the plugins folder, diffuse+subdermal+etc; unfortunately it uses a different UV layout from makehuman, but maybe you could still use it for inspiration.

(For a few days I've been trying to port manuel's new models back into makehuman via proxy/topology; the best I got is with fitting an individual morph to one of the caucasian meshes in makeclothes. The result looks good, but only for the gender you chose and 100% caucasian. It's trivially easy to combine the three racial categories in manlab back into what resembles the original aracial basemesh, but so far when fitting it to the MH basemesh it still looks weird and jagged at best.

90% of why I want it is for the improved nose and eye topology, but if it worked you could probably port the manlab texture layers too. )
jujube

Postby badwolf » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:39 pm

jujube wrote:The current version of manuellab has multi layer cycles SSS skin nodes. If you go into %appdata%/roaming/Blender Foundation/ all the textures are there in the plugins folder, diffuse+subdermal+etc; unfortunately it uses a different UV layout from makehuman, but maybe you could still use it for inspiration.

yeah considering that im a wolf with 2 left paws and i have a laptop that Cycles HATES im on the end of trying to inspire somebody with the talent and skills needed to do the work needed.

Im looking for a good set of young skins to go with the ballet stuff that mindfront and punkduck have done (most of the skins are way to detailed in the "Gender bits" to be useable)
badwolf

Postby jujube » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:44 am

Makehuman's face texture is pretty small, but unfortunately manlab's face texture isn't much better... maybe a little less closely packed, not sure. (Compare with daz3d, where in what little I saw of it I believe it used separate images for face and body.)
jujube

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader