How avoid feet clothes distorsion ? (Grinsold did)

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

How avoid feet clothes distorsion ? (Grinsold did)

Postby Marco_105 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:57 pm

I insist on this because when i look Pirates Boots from Grinsold there a lot of vertices and no deformation.

So is it possible (and how) get this result but in BL decimate the mesh for most low poly model and bring back ot MH.

See the model below and TELL ME what could be wrong !
Capture.PNG

And in MH you see that, so WHY ?
Capture01.PNG

What is possible to do avoid this distorsion in X and Z axis in the tips.

Terimakasi baniak, sampai jumpa lagi (if bahasa Indonesia could help) :mrgreen:
Marco_105

Re: How avoid feet clothes distorsion ? (Grinsold did)

Postby Marco_105 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Capture.PNG
This should be more expressive.
Marco_105

---

Postby DredNicolson » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:21 pm

My first guess would be that applying the Decimate mussed up the vertex groups. Check them in Edit Mode and clean them up if needed.
DredNicolson

Postby Marco_105 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm

No, in fact problems come from binding process.

Like the doc TRY to explain, if you some jagged vertices in MH when your clothe fit the body this is the main part that you to look about.
Misunderstood this long chapter of the Makeclothes documentation result in a bad binding process.

Sometimes you Pictures are better than words and more international, so i work on a tuto to correct that important part of the doc... thanks for answer !
Marco_105

Postby punkduck » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Marco_105 wrote:I insist on this because when i look Pirates Boots from Grinsold there a lot of vertices and no deformation.

So is it possible (and how) get this result but in BL decimate the mesh for most low poly model and bring back ot MH.

Since you also wrote a PM ... maybe (only maybe :oops: ) you are using an older version of makeclothes.

Look at this picture:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/download/file.php?id=3628&mode=view

I had a version, which distorted my high heels of the character Evi in the middle. The big toes were ugly deformed (pushed to the outside) and I tried to correct it in blender after loading the exported version. Short before I joined this forum, I loaded a new version of makeclothes. I realized that the new girl Dani also needs a pair of DIFFERENT shoes ;) . So I made the pumps also visible in the picture. And for the pumps it seems to work. The old version of makeclothes had problems with the middle vertex group (e.g. with skirts). But for shoes normally no middle vertex is created ... only left and right should be there.

When I've time I can redo the high heels with the new version, if the problem is gone, it was the reason ... (at least in my case).
punkduck

Postby Marco_105 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:34 am

I think I have last version of all the addon (1.1.0).

Most of problems came from how binding process is done...

I bring your winter boots with F_human_with_helpers and 'Test' feature in MC, so I try the binding process with automatic vertex group on the red helpers (Tights) and Delete group on the Body.
That works perfectly ! Result is same as your assets, so I think I have not enough understand the 'magic porcess' when use human with helper instead simple human...
It's my fault ! I miss this in the doc where it try to explain how avoid weird result...

I think I have to make a tuto with pictures which could evolved with experiencing of MC process, because some others could also have misunderstood that party and could be disappointed to get a bad result in MH after take hours to build some assets.
Marco_105

Postby punkduck » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Marco_105 wrote:I think I have last version of all the addon (1.1.0).

Most of problems came from how binding process is done...

I bring your winter boots with F_human_with_helpers and 'Test' feature in MC, so I try the binding process with automatic vertex group on the red helpers (Tights) and Delete group on the Body.
That works perfectly ! Result is same as your assets, so I think I have not enough understand the 'magic porcess' when use human with helper instead simple human...
It's my fault ! I miss this in the doc where it try to explain how avoid weird result...

I think I have to make a tuto with pictures which could evolved with experiencing of MC process, because some others could also have misunderstood that party and could be disappointed to get a bad result in MH after take hours to build some assets.

I just finished most of my work with the band scene and will take a look in the next days. I had problems with the pumps also, I recognized it today because I exported these shoes again for my Evi character. And they were also misformed. So I was wrong, sorry that was not a problem with the version :oops: .

For the boots there was no magic process ... but there is a difference: the winter boots, the sneakers and the new running shoes are near to the toes. My high heels and my pumps not, these shoes are, in fact, "below" the feet. Maybe this is the reason. What I know is, that makeclothes tries to find the nearest vertex to the clothes and since the toes have a lot of geometry the nearest vertex seems to be different every time, so especially high resolution geometry seems to follow the toes.

I will do some tests with rigid groups for all my shoes with high heels. Hopefully this will work. If it works, I will upload them and will make a tutorial which parts should be made rigid and which not ... But the transition between rigid and non-rigid groups in a connected geometry might be a problem. You can see that, when you try the guitar from the assets. The guitar itself is rigid but parts of the strap are not ...
punkduck

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:32 pm

Perhaps you should at first try to create your vertex groups for the shoes only on the helper geometry.
Aranuvir

Postby punkduck » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Okay here we go. Marco_105 is right and even my idea of the old version was right also ...

So first I just tested how I've done my own high heels. Well basically I've done that with a fake method by creating the feet again in another position and after it I use the delete groups to delete the feet of the character itself. The second part is, that I created a texture including the toes. So I've 3 textures because all my girls have a different skin. I simply can copy one foot from the original skin to the location, because UV geometry stays the same. This will also work for the standard skins.

When putting these shoes back to Blender you have the problem, that the catmull clark algorithm (smoothing) is shrinking the geometry slightly, so that a gap between these shoes and the character will appear. So I made a little bit of overlapping geometry. But in the end I reconnected the vertices in Blender, which is also possible. In this case the shoe becomes part of the character and no gap will appear.

So here are three different versions, first one generated with an old version of makeclothes, one with the current version and one with the current one using additional rigid groups for left and right foot.

problem.jpg

First I made the WHOLE foot rigid only leaving out a loop of vertices near the ankle (where the shoe ends). This looks really good, but do not change the position of the foot then ... weird deformation will appear. So that was a rather silly idea. Therefore I decided only to make the area of toes rigid. Here is a picture how it is done:

mysolution.jpg

1) First create two vertex groups on the human and the shoes. In our case *rightrigid and *leftrigid. The * in front of the group has an extra meaning. Only use dimension, do not deform ...
2) Push the button "Create vertex groups" on clothes (one shoe then is assigned to the left group, the other to the right one. The mid vertex group should not be there).
3) Now select all the faces you want to put in the rigid group on one side (in the example the right side). I know that this might be annoying. Remove these vertices from the right group. Then assign the vertices to *rightrigid instead. No vertex is allowed to be in more than one group on the clothes.
4) On the human: select exactly 3 vertices. These will be used for calculating the dimension, so the outside should be okay for it. Put these 3 vertices additionally to the *rightrigid group of the human (on the human a vertex is allowed to be in more than one group).
5) For my kind of shoes put the selected vertices of the last picture into the delete group to make the original foot invisible.
6) do not forget the second shoe :mrgreen:

Since the method works for my shoes, this method should also work for other shoes as well.

Are you interested that I put the heels and pumps into the assets? The method of throwing away the original foot and creating a new one is rather weird, I know.
If I should do it, I will only do that for one standard skin, so that you have to create the other skin versions in the materials yourself- But this is rather simple, copy the Image-file and use a paint program like photoshop or GIMP and replace the foot, then create a .mhmat file with the path to this image file ... and there you have a second material ...
punkduck

Postby Marco_105 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:37 am

Thanks for share it, yes maybe put the assets somewhere to test with it... if that is not a problem for you !

I open a thread to share some experimentation on this addon : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13943
Marco_105

Next

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader