How avoid feet clothes distorsion ? (Grinsold did)

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: How avoid feet clothes distorsion ? (Grinsold did)

Postby punkduck » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Just a small comparison for completeness between rigid groups and the average female with helpers human ... it is not much difference, the rigid groups is slightly better for this kind of shoe.

Btw.: When you use the skeleton with all the toes and only pose one toe, the shoes with and without rigid groups make funny things ... :lol:

difference_rigid_helpers.jpg

I will upload these shoes tomorrow and I will use the rigid group version ... but you have to copy your skintemplate to the texture, when you are not using "young caucasian female" ...

You also then may notice, that these heels are very tight in front like in reality, so I also remodeled part of the feet to simulate this.
punkduck

Postby Marco_105 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Good ! it's look like there is not so much difference between two process except than Rigid group mixing is not so obvious to accomplish.
I appreciate your precision and waits to be able to test this shoes !
Marco_105

Postby punkduck » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:49 pm

Marco_105 wrote:Good ! it's look like there is not so much difference between two process except than Rigid group mixing is not so obvious to accomplish.
I appreciate your precision and waits to be able to test this shoes !

I just uploaded the heel sandals. As I wrote, they are a special asset because of the feet I duplicated in another position. I normally reconnect the vertices with my models in Blender, so that no gap will be visible. And you may need to create another material because of the skin. Since I have 3 different skins for my models I've made three further versions. But the geometry is exactly the same as for the human. So you can simply copy this part of the skin and put in on the diffuse texture.

Sorry it is not a one-click material ... ;)

Btw.: On this picture you can see in the third frame the different position of the original feet and the remodeled ones ...

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/download/file.php?id=3980&mode=view
punkduck

Postby Marco_105 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:23 pm

I take a look on the Sandal heel, main inconvenient is the delete group with other assets like stocking which often could use one, then a part of feet appear in front of shoes...
Further more I think that pose should be in the .mhclo file for give a good result and have feet on floor.
Anyway it's a kind of solution to get around the difficulty of linking some assets on the basic mesh, also it's a way if you need to show a special toes modeling, your one is elegant because toes are also part of women beauty...
Marco_105

Postby Marco_105 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:39 pm

My misunderstood on Makeclothes or Maketarget addon is that they make a list of pair cloths/base or target offset/base. This list depend of what you choose to assign it: body/helpers aka Fit tools. So you can see that the numbers in the final file increase or change regarding what your choose but they have better to optimise this process for Maketarget for what I understand now.
Because if for clothes you should decide on which part of body/helpers they have to be bind on, for target I suppose better to impact all of them. For now and for what I understood Maketarget could impact deform on the whole mesh including helpers since you tweak it on each of them, I try this with a full body target and it's work ! But still an heavy and tedious process to deal with.
Marco_105

Postby Mindfront » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:54 pm

I made my first shoes about a year ago but couldnt got them to work in MakeHuman how much I tried different vertex group assignment. One of the biggest problems I now learned is that I maked the shoes with the "Base Mesh With Helpers" as I wanted to do unisex shoes but the difference in feet deformation is to big. Therefore I now must adapt and export two versions of my shoes, one for "Average Female With Helpers" and one for "Average Male With Helpers". I did a fast image to show how I managed the vertex groups for my latest clothing Biker Boots.
Attachments
Shoes.png
Shoe vertex groups
Mindfront

Postby duststorm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:06 pm

The original shoes in MakeHuman were done with a so called rigid fitting: they were fit to a bare minimum of vertices, on the red helpers, so that they would generally scale to fit the foot, but maintain their rigidity and basic shape, unlike clothes that flow around the body.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Marco_105 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Think's for it that's usefull !
Marco_105

Previous

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader