ballet collection anyone??

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: ballet collection anyone??

Postby badwolf » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:31 pm

punkduck wrote:Hi Badwolf ...

For both points I must say, that I was going another way.

1) I only created ballet-tights. The Reason: on the original pictures of the leotard only white tights are used. I guess the transparent area in the back + a white full body suit do not make sense ...

2) Make up: if you add a second geometry for a makeup you will surely have problems. A geometry only should be used for a real mask, like these carnival masks for example.

For makeup we have 3 possibilities:

1. the one of Mindfront is described in the tutorials. It is a generic one, which is, indeed, quite complicated ... You have different parameters for eye-liner, lips, cheeks ... you need to define masks, where you want the color etc.
  2. you may simply create a new skin ... okay for some eye-liner maybe a bit too much ;)
  3. you create an extra layer in a graphic tool like GIMP or Photoshop

At least for b) and c) you always must paint something. My proposal is to use c). Simply open a skin texture in GIMP or PS and add another transparent layer. This layer is the layer, you have to paint the makeup. Because of the transparency you can see where you have to paint. Use something like an airbrush tool (I only know GIMP but PS will also supply all needed tools to do it). After all, switch off the original layer and save the makeup layer as a png-picture ...

the trick with the bodysuit is that both the leotard and tights if any are to be textured on the suit

with the makeup/mask this is a 90% solution and a lot of the formal ballet makeups are just about full masks anyway (Both Swans , The sugar plum Fairy and others are full face at the pro level)

of course if somebody can setup in PS/Gimp a layered file that would be good for makeup/tattoos ect

maybe a good studio blend file might work??
badwolf

Postby Mindfront » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:28 am

A friend did a ballet inspired dress and convinced me to do the texturing and adaptation to MakeHuman. It is made with leotard and tutu in one mesh and seems to works with punkduck's "ballet tights" and "Pointe shoes" as shown in the Optional illustration image.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... _swan.html
Mindfront

Postby loki1950 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:15 am

Nice Swan Mindfront BTW and the head dress could be a separate accessory ;) your texture for the dress is well done like the gold embroidery.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Mindfront wrote:A friend did a ballet inspired dress and convinced me to do the texturing and adaptation to MakeHuman. It is made with leotard and tutu in one mesh and seems to works with punkduck's "ballet tights" and "Pointe shoes" as shown in the Optional illustration image.

Wow :o

There is a term we Germans use, when we are really impressed: it is "Alter Schwede!", which word-for-word means "old Swede". Now I know, where this term comes from!!!

This is really a very nice dress. And very professional ... :shock:
punkduck

Postby badwolf » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:35 pm

loki1950 wrote:Nice Swan Mindfront BTW and the head dress could be a separate accessory ;) your texture for the dress is well done like the gold embroidery.

Enjoy the Choice :)

QUICK PUPPIES go dig up the north field!

Im having a TAKE MY MUNNIES NOW!! moment here

the basic geo of the "Swan" is good for a lot of Pro Level costumes (heck Black Swan is the same dress in Black) and Please Please tune up and release the headpiece.

[insert wolf doing puppy dog eyes pic here]
badwolf

Postby badwolf » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:52 pm

just as a POC i went ahead and did some very basic recolors of the Swan

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/539 ... olored.zip (does not include the original assets unzip contents into asset folder)

I have Black Red Green and Blue (white portions of original colorized to each color)

does anybody have a good reference as to "named" costumes with the same geo?? (i think The Nutcrackers SPF does what else??)
badwolf

Previous

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader