ballet collection anyone??

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

ballet collection anyone??

Postby badwolf » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Given that we seem to have a lack of sets of content i was thinking.

Why not pick a theme and then pound out a set of things that will work together (common UV mapping and such)?

first pick for me would be doing a ballet set using the bodysuit as a base

anybody want to help out (my skills are a bit lacking and my fashion sense is marginal)

the fun bit will of course be the tutus and arm bands
badwolf

Re: ballet collection anyone??

Postby joepal » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Me, I'm pretty lacking in the artistry department myself, but it sounds like a nice idea to me.

Alternatively, and possibly easier: Now that there is a tutorial on how to handle "*" rigid groups, maybe a set of tools/items/weapons would be fun to have? The "crude sword" asset feels a bit lonely.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby punkduck » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:31 pm

badwolf wrote:Given that we seem to have a lack of sets of content i was thinking.

Why not pick a theme and then pound out a set of things that will work together (common UV mapping and such)?

anybody want to help out (my skills are a bit lacking and my fashion sense is marginal)

For serious ballet you need a leotard first, then these special shoes. Maybe ballet tights. The tights maybe reused from the assets, it depends on the texture. Of course you can merge these three elements and take the bodysuit as a basis. Another possibility is to use an one-piece swimsuit from the assets as basis for a leotard.

Normally the tutu is just a transparent double layer chiffon skirt. When I would do that, I'll start with a disc with a lot of spokes and circles, then cut out the middle to get rid of the triangles, do the UV unwrap in the beginning to get an even transparent layer, then double it ... :?

hmm, an interesting topic, especially because of the poses, I've done a few poses for a pole dance stage. Maybe I will try it. First of course a leotard, so that my girls will wear something more reasonable, when they practise pole dance ... ;)

At the moment, I'm working on a all-female band with instruments (guitar as an asset, Joel, let's see if I manage that the sword will have a companion :shock: ) and also wanted to show a triathlon girl in a swim-bike-run scene (bodysuit as neoprene suit). But ballet? Totally different direction, but also a good idea, even for me as an ex-punk who watches alternative models performing half-nude on stage (and I know these girls also practising ballet in reality, so here is another reason!) :lol:
punkduck

Postby brkurt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:34 pm

badwolf wrote:Given that we seem to have a lack of sets of content i was thinking.

Here is an older model with a rig that works for both ballet and figure skating:

http://www.geekopolsi.ca/blender/figureSkater1_276b.blend

and a short example video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JRFsAvIMLE
brkurt

Postby brkurt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:35 pm

Here is a rig that works for both ballet and figure skating:

http://www.geekopolis.ca/blender/figureSkater1_276b.blend

and a quick video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JRFsAvIMLE
brkurt

Postby badwolf » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:36 pm

punkduck wrote:
For serious ballet you need a leotard first, then these special shoes. Maybe ballet tights. The tights maybe reused from the assets, it depends on the texture. Of course you can merge these three elements and take the bodysuit as a basis. Another possibility is to use an one-piece swimsuit from the assets as basis for a leotard.

Normally the tutu is just a transparent double layer chiffon skirt. When I would do that, I'll start with a disc with a lot of spokes and circles, then cut out the middle to get rid of the triangles, do the UV unwrap in the beginning to get an even transparent layer, then double it ... :?
:lol:

i was thinking on the tutu more of the platter style (like in the pro grade sugarplum fairy) and to start from a waist band taken out of the tights helper split the faces a couple times and then extrude out and do a solidify to get it two sided.

the shoes are more or less simple slippers (point shoes you would want to flatten the front of the toe) the ribbons would be "fun" (esp if you want to make sure they wrap correctly)

on the leotard getting the leg openings high enough but not up at "stripper" will be a bit of a challenge.

would you like me to whip up a bodysuit with some mods to make texturing a bit easier??
badwolf

Postby badwolf » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:36 pm

okay beginning to spade things out

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/539 ... hell.blend <---this will be split into a front / back /shoes mapping and used for the leotard/tights

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/539 ... demo.blend <---- tutu base work file (how do you say nightmare in satin and tulle in german??)
badwolf

Postby punkduck » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:29 am

Hi

I'm just back from a Christmas party :mrgreen:, but nevertheless, two short answers. Do you really want to use a full body suit for the leotard? Classically the leotard has no tight/shoes part. When I will do it I'm simply doing only the top part. Then I'm doing the rest as additional pieces of cloth. When you use sleeves, do not use textures with patterns (because of distortions). I really prefer the racer/tank top forms, to get better results for poses where you are stretching the arm/shoulder region.

The tutu is not that far away, how I would do it. But for a (more or less) geometric piece of cloth I start with a simple disc with spokes, do a lot of modifications and in the end I adapt it to the body. The disc allows me to unwrap the texture first and to keep it constant and consistent! And e.g. for the babydoll I created only one layer, solidification is only made at the outside rims. But nevertheless it looks like 3d. If you create a tutu (plate-like or not) simply create two layers of transparent texture with an outside rim. But of course it is my method, your method might work as well or even be better ...

I still need some time for a new asset (working on an electric guitar, quads only :? ) before I can start with a leotard. It will not be too sexy, I promise, because even show girls practise in adequate clothes ;)

Somewhere between Christmas and New Year I will make a version ...

The sentence "nightmare in satin and tulle" is not very different in German, it is "Alptraum aus Satin und Tüll". :D
punkduck

Postby badwolf » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:42 pm

punkduck wrote:Hi

I'm just back from a Christmas party :mrgreen:, but nevertheless, two short answers. Do you really want to use a full body suit for the leotard? Classically the leotard has no tight/shoes part. When I will do it I'm simply doing only the top part. Then I'm doing the rest as additional pieces of cloth. When you use sleeves, do not use textures with patterns (because of distortions). I really prefer the racer/tank top forms, to get better results for poses where you are stretching the arm/shoulder region.

Somewhere between Christmas and New Year I will make a version ...

The sentence "nightmare in satin and tulle" is not very different in German, it is "Alptraum aus Satin und Tüll". :D

the thought is to have a common geometry between the girls version and the boys version also most likely the tights will be created from the bodysuit with the above the waist verts removed.

and yes any textures on the sleeves will most likely be bands going around not anything going down the arm. You may notice that the back shoulders and arms got detached
i didn't fix that because most of the time its not going to be needed.

on the tutu im thinking of setting the shape and then running solidify with a very thin rim to get both "sides" it maps as a disk to make texturing easier.
badwolf

Postby punkduck » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:58 pm

I made a leotard, the original you may buy from an Australian company ... I tried it on my model Dani and stretched her to the limits (well nearly) ... ;)
The armpit region is the biggest problem, as always.

So for ballet: Here is the passé pose ...
dani_leotard_passe.jpg

And then the arabesque pose ...
dani_leotard_arabesque.jpg

The leotard is in the assets since today.

I will go on to create these shoes so that Dani may stand in an unhealthier position :mrgreen: (I know that staying on a toe is NOT healthy *ouch*)

For all of those expecting a sexier dress from me: You may add a few details, e.g. a scut, then you wll get a bunny costume :lol:
punkduck

Next

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader