BUG on proxy

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

BUG on proxy

Postby Marco_105 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:25 am

I start a topic to show what happened on the bottom fo the boobs with proxy and also target :
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13792

Makehuman team : Could you explain that please ?
Attachments
bug_on_proxy.png
Marco_105

Re: BUG on proxy

Postby joepal » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:06 am

Works for me.

testproxy.png

What I did:

• Open blender
  • Click load human mesh
  • Click load human mesh again
  • Change second human to type clothes
  • Delete all vertex groups on clothes
  • Autocreate vertex groups
  • Assign material
  • Click makeclothes
  • Move to proxymeshes.

My guess is that you misunderstand how makeclothes works. The calculation on which vertex point on the clothes belongs to which vertex point on the human is based on which points are closest, not on vertex number. Thus if you move clothes stuff away from the body, chances are another point than the intended ends up as being closest. This will obviously cause problems as the body shape changes.

What you should do instead, if you have a specific target or body shape (for example female, large breast) you are modeling for

• Load a human mesh using maketarget
  • Load and apply all targets which are appropriate (for example the breast volume target from macrodetails)
  • Clone the human mesh
  • Change type of mesh on the clone to clothes
  • Touch up the clothes, preferably without moving any vertex point too far away from where it is on the human
  • Create vertex groups and so on
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Marco_105 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:12 pm

I try what you say but some other question comes.

Important to take female or male base mesh to make the target or proxy ?
Marco_105

Postby joepal » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:19 pm

They are all the same. The only difference between the male/female meshes and the neutral base mesh is that the gender specific ones first loaded the base mesh, and then applied a gender target.

You can see which targets are used by makeclothes here: https://bitbucket.org/MakeHuman/makehum ... ?at=stable

So principle is: you use the base mesh and apply those targets you think will be there for the situation you are modeling for.

You can use any targets. If you intend to use your proxy for very fat people, you should load one of the weight targets before starting to model.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Marco_105 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:17 pm

Thanks for this link joepal, I will try some of them to see what effect result.

I have to explain in deep my process for make target that give you better information.

1-I import a base mesh (neutral for everything) in blender and set it as Base.
2-Tweaks some new target and export it in MH.

Now, I would work on female gender base mesh to have better wysiwyg process because the base mesh should be near the look of the end model.
Marco_105

Postby Marco_105 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Mea culpa, I know now why all my recent target was skewed, I made it from a base model already modified. I put my head on a wall... :cry:
Marco_105

Postby Marco_105 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:21 pm

As I understood Makeclothes take the position of one clothe vertex from two point on base mesh and calcul kind of triangulation on that position... But did should have understand that ?
Marco_105

Postby Marco_105 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:31 am

It' s really a problem from MH (maybe on Windows 7-64...) and not a misunderstood from me, because I did correctly the process and that not work on a little part of the proxy : nipple ! Remember the plateform please...
bug_on_proxy.png
Marco_105

Postby wolgade » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:14 am

Marco_105 wrote:It' s really a problem from MH (maybe on Windows 7-64...) and not a misunderstood from me,

Sorry if I missed this information, but are you doing an alternative topology with MakeClothes or a target? Just to get that straight: Targets are always applied on the base mesh. They're just shape keys and rely on vertex numbers. You don't try to do a target for an alternative topology?
wolgade

Postby Marco_105 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:47 am

So you mean if I didn't try to do an alternative topology I didn't have to make kind of proxy ?
In this sample that the case, you're right, topology is exactly the same as model because a copy of it...
Is it for that I can't have good result ? I would like to try the process and was frustated about wrong result, but in fact I didn't need that, or if I would like have a good result I will better to make a target, I agree that.
It was just a try... for understand the process... but I misunderstood the goal also :lol:
Marco_105

Next

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader