Eyes anyone??

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Eyes anyone??

Postby badwolf » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:40 pm

one thing we have lacking is a decent set of Eyes does anybody want to crank out a set of normal human eyes?? (Black/Green/Blue/Grey/Lavender would be nifty)

on a side note if folks make items that are White or very light grey it would be easy to get other colors (white + colored mat = colored item)
badwolf

Re: Eyes anyone??

Postby brkurt » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:05 pm

badwolf wrote:one thing we have lacking is a decent set of Eyes does anybody want to crank out a set of normal human eyes?? (Black/Green/Blue/Grey/Lavender would be nifty)

on a side note if folks make items that are White or very light grey it would be easy to get other colors (white + colored mat = colored item)

What you are talking about is a set of UV maps--png most likely--that will easily fit on the present high-polygon-count eyes.

I've done quite a few for my models; the most important thing to note is how to move the UV seams into position so that the iris and pupil are the correct size.

You'll need to specify a few more things: how large and frequent the blood vessels for realistic eyes; what size and color of iris for Anime eyes for two things at least.

I would suggest downloading the latest version of Manuel Bastioni's Lab for comparisons.
brkurt

Postby badwolf » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:52 pm

just to begin what would help is if somebody took one of the existing eye textures punched the iris out and did a recolor.

when a decent set of normal human eyes are done we can start on Feline, Dragon , Bot ect
badwolf

Postby MTKnife » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:28 am

Changing the color is rather easy in GIMP, using filters to isolate the colored parts. I even posted violet eyes some time ago:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... _eyes.html
MTKnife

Postby CallHarvey3d » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:03 pm

i added two. i whitened the eyes a touch and added new iris's. one has a larger pupil which i think looks more natural as well. nothing amazing but a bit more natural. the textures that exist aren't bad just over saturated and single color which is i dont think typical.
CallHarvey3d

Postby Mindfront » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:30 am

Last night I did some testing and measuring to get an iris and pupil size template on the default MakeHuman eye. Just to make it easier to make natural size eyes. I have read that the iris is between 11 to 14 mm and the pupil is about 2,5 to 8 mm on an adult.
I upload the photoshop file if it can be of any help, (I havent got to test GIMP yet). It contains UV centered black mask for pupils 3 to 8 mm and iris 12 to 14 mm on different layers.
Eye_Template.psd
Eye template
(3.82 MiB) Downloaded 457 times
Mindfront

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader