@Punkduck: little issue with babydoll [solved]

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

@Punkduck: little issue with babydoll [solved]

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Awesome asset, though there is a little issue at the left shoulder. Obviously it's a part of the red tie. I fear you will have to redo some vertex-groups...
Attachments
babydoll_issue.png
Aranuvir

---

Postby DredNicolson » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:27 pm

It's a minor case of texture bleed. The parts for the tie and the left shoulder strap are a bit too close to each other in the image, causing that little corner of overlap. A small adjustment to those UVs should take care of it.
DredNicolson

Re: @Punkduck: little issue with babydoll

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:28 pm

Typically girls pick up fluff, when they are electrostatically charged and it took me some time to model this ... :lol:

No, it is a UV Map problem. The red tie is to near to seam. The babydoll was the second piece of cloth I made one year ago and I didn't understand the UV editor of blender in those times. So I didn't change the location of the red tie and painted over it when I made the texture in GIMP ...

I fixed that 3 minutes ago in my own version.

But I will try to put the tie on a scalable rigid vertex-group like Joel Palmius said. The bigger problem is that the inner faces of the tie interfere with the outside when you enlarge the breasts. To remodel that in blender after importing is always not very simple ... Then I will upload it again without electrostatic fluff. ;)
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:14 pm

Aranuvir wrote:Awesome asset, though there is a little issue at the left shoulder. Obviously it's a part of the red tie. I fear you will have to redo some vertex-groups...

I've done both, I changed both texture files and also the behaviour of the small red tie by using an own vertex group when I was using makeclothes (therefore the .mhclo and .obj file is also changed!).

The result in MH is:

If you increase the cup-size, the tie becomes smaller, but no geometry is destroyed.

So even editing the tie after importing the dress into Blender becomes easier now.

I hope I've not created new problems ... :roll:
punkduck

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:54 am

It's working well so far, though I haven't tested it in Blender.
Aranuvir

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader