structure of clothes directory

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

structure of clothes directory

Postby punkduck » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi,

People ask me to upload my assets, well I will do that in some time ... but I've to ask a question before (maybe it was answered somewhere, but I cannot find it) :oops:

My clothes are organized like this:

Code: Select all
ling_bra4
     materials     
           lb_strapless_black.png
           lb_strapless_white.png
           strapless_bra_black.mhmat
           strapless_bra_white.mhmat
     strapless_bra.mhclo
     strapless_bra.obj
     strapless_bra.thumb

Is that okay or should I change it so that no subdirectory "materials" is used? And of course I've to change the material-entry in the .mhclo file ...
punkduck

Re: structure of clothes directory

Postby loki1950 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:41 pm

For uploading purposes you just need the flat folder without the sub-folder it will confuse most newbies ;) as none of the other assets in the repo use it.For those using the the Community download plug-in I have found that when syncing that the latest assets do not show up for some reason.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby DredNicolson » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:39 pm

You upload each file individually when adding to the user assets on the site, so the directory structure on your end shouldn't be a problem. If an asset has multiple material choices, upload the one you consider "default" and provide links for the others in the description. Those of us in the know can reconstruct the directory manually. 8-)
DredNicolson

Postby punkduck » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:35 pm

Thanks for the information. MH sometimes internally uses the materials subfolder, I was not sure and therefore I had to ask.
I can start uploading tomorrow. I had other problems to fix before, further information you can find in gallery / "daily life of models".
punkduck

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader