Make Clothe features

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Make Clothe features

Postby Marco_105 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Hello community,

I try to understand better how to set some feature of the addon from Blender.
export assets with less deformation on it.
Could explain what is suppose to do exactly the 'show offset scalling' in BL panel properties ?
Is it suppose to help the distorsion of the clohe model ?
Marco_105

Re: Make Clothe features

Postby badwolf » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:11 pm

a couple things to start off with

1 http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... tex_groups is what documents have been written (im sorry but my tuit supplier has been back ordered for months)

2 if you don't mind the question where are you from?? (your phrasing is a bit awkward)

hopefully one of the better modelers will chime in but if you are getting distortion things you can try include

1 increase the number of verts in the problem area ( this will help bend the mesh around your model)
2 move the verts outward (in the direction of the normal)
3 start with a closer model to what you are targeting (stuff made for Dwane Johnson will not fit Dany Garcia or Lauren Hashian and fitting Simone Johnson is right out)

but yes in theory you could tweak those options to get a better result
badwolf

Postby Marco_105 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:45 pm

English, it's not my native langage and i can't spell what i need in technical word as you saw, no translator for it... ;)

Ok i try further adjustement.

In BL, the combo box with 'torso, leg, ...' in the properties panel >'show offset scalling' is really important for adapt the mesh model ?
Marco_105

Postby loki1950 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:06 pm

English, it's not my native langage and i can't spell what i need in technical word as you saw, no translator for it... ;)

You could try setting you web browser's language to English for posting on English forums then the built in spellcheck would help with both spelling and those technical terms by your just guessing a bit then using the spellcheck ;) you may not still get it right but you may be closer and as you have discovered we don't bite :mrgreen:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby badwolf » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:22 pm

Marco_105 wrote:English, it's not my native langage and i can't spell what i need in technical word as you saw, no translator for it... ;)

if you need to say things in your native language i would say go ahead since

A Google translate is your friend
B most likely if you are from somewhere in Europe somebody here does speak YOUR language

BTW as a native English type person i can't spell worth an aquatic containment structure myself so i have a red panda watch for errors
badwolf

Postby Marco_105 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:34 am

En fait @badwolf c'est une très bonne idée, je vais terminer mon observation dans le langage que je connais le mieux.

Ma constatation est la suivante:
Alors que je concoctais les deux éléments de lingerie celui en maille (très ajouré) devais rester au-dessus de celui transparent (avec le dessin), or pour ce faire j'ai employé la valeur Z-depth dans BL (panneau des propriétés >Make Clothes) qui retient la valeur de superposition des éléments.

Tout ça fonctionne normalement mais il y a une exception à bien prendre en compte et qui réside dans la partie 'Body Part' :
Si on change en cours de route dans le menu déroulant (p. ex. de Torso à Arm) sur l'un des éléments, la valeur Z-depth n'est plus prioritairement déterminante sur le recouvrement des éléments en superposition.
Autrement dit, dans MH l'élément arrivé en dernier recouvrera le premier et la hiérarchie de visibilité ne sera plus respecté. C'est une erreur que vous pouvez rencontrer.
Bref, il y a apparemment très peu de cas où l'on devrait employer un réglage différent de celui par défaut (Torso) mais si d'aventure vous le modifiez sachez ce qu'il encoure.
Les valeurs indiquées sous le menu déroulant sont celles que vous trouverez dans le fichier .mhclo, il s'agit de trois valeurs x, y, z, on peut les modifier par copier/coller depuis un autre fichier ou exporter à nouveau seulement ce fichier avec 'Reexport Files' sans avoir à utiliser 'Make Clothes'.
Marco_105

Postby badwolf » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:01 pm

i think i know where you are going with your stuff in MakeClothes load up the "average female with helpers" model (picture following)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/539 ... loaded.png

and then select the tights material invert and delete everything else (picture following) this will get you geometry that will not poke into the model

If you do Male type stuff then a similar setup can be done.

in both cases delete the existing materials
badwolf

Postby RobBaer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:34 pm

Marco_105 wrote:En fait @badwolf c'est une très bonne idée, je vais terminer mon observation dans le langage que je connais le mieux.

Alors que je concoctais les deux éléments de lingerie celui en maille (très ajouré) devais rester au-dessus de celui transparent (avec le dessin), or pour ce faire j'ai employé la valeur Z-depth dans BL (panneau des propriétés >Make Clothes) qui retient la valeur de superposition des éléments.

Je ne parle pas bien francaise, mais ...

The following code snippet from MakeClothes may be useful in setting z-depth:
Code: Select all
###################################################################################
#
#   Z depth
#
###################################################################################

#
#   getZDepthItems():
#   setZDepth(scn):
#

ZDepth = {
    "Body" : 0,
    "Underwear and lingerie" : 20,
    "Socks and stockings" : 30,
    "Shirt and trousers" : 40,
    "Sweater" : 50,
    "Indoor jacket" : 60,
    "Shoes and boots" : 70,
    "Coat" : 80,
    "Backpack" : 100,
    }

MinZDepth = 31
MaxZDepth = 69

I think that in general these are intended to guide what proxy object shows over top of what other proxy object. The larger the number the farther to the outside. At one point, I thought Manuel had reduced the list types for built-in assets, but it should still be a good starting point.

If this is not what you were asking, sorry but my French disappeared with disuse. Est lingere pres de 30 ou pres de 20? Pres se que 25?
RobBaer

Postby Marco_105 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:27 am

Don't mind about that, It's just about one thing i have notice in the addon Makeclothe in BL.
In documentation there is just few thing about that (scaling from body part) so experience it seems the best way to understand what this.
Marco_105

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader