hair and clothes from old versions?

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

hair and clothes from old versions?

Postby nepemex » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:00 am

some of the old versions of make human have a really nice skirts.shoes,hair, and even underwear for female
will it be possible that someone that know how, to could post them in the hair body extensions comunity?
IT will be great!!!
nepemex

Re: hair and clothes from old versions?

Postby badwolf » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:50 pm

it would be something of a nightmare due to the differences between the meshes.

it might be possible to given the mesh from the old clothing to pull the mesh into Blender do needed patching and then rebuild the clothing file
badwolf

Postby nepemex » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:19 am

badwolf wrote:it would be something of a nightmare due to the differences between the meshes.

it might be possible to given the mesh from the old clothing to pull the mesh into Blender do needed patching and then rebuild the clothing file

OK but what about to uploafd a human with the hair? or clothes? so we can use the character that could work
8-)
nepemex

Postby badwolf » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:42 am

okay first off The Human Model is generated by MH itself you can't "upload" a random model

now if you want to use an older asset in the current MH then you would

1 get your hands on the OBJ for the asset
2 spin up a copy of Blender with the MH addons active
3 rez a human that is "correct" using MakeClothes
4 import the asset and fix the fit and finish <---- this is where Pinhead has some "fun"
5 run the Make Clothes script

do you have a simple older asset you would like to start with??

[INVOKE Joepal: how could somebody get a hold of an "Offical" copy of the older assets??]
badwolf

Postby loki1950 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:15 am

INVOKE Joepal: how could somebody get a hold of an "Offical" copy of the older assets??

Not Official but I still have Alpha 8 on one of my hard drives happy to share the the clothes and hair folders.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby joepal » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:50 am

We had archive.makehuman.org a while back, but it dropped off the net in the makehuman.org / makehumancommunity.org split.

I've restored it at http://files.jwp.se/archive/. If it doesn't answer when you try, then wait an hour and try again. I just changed the DNS record for this, so it might take a while to propagate.

I think most of the older (pre 1.0) releases simply bundled all assets without any compilation, so the obj files should be in there unchanged.

I might be confused, but for alpha 8, I think that wasn't actually released. When people speak about alpha 8, they probably mean a nightly build from the period when we were discussing releasing a8. As I remember it, we finally decided calling that 1.0 instead.

But if I'm wrong, I'd welcome someone sending me the a8 release and I'll add it to the archive too.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby badwolf » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:31 pm

joepal wrote:We had archive.makehuman.org a while back, but it dropped off the net in the makehuman.org / makehumancommunity.org split.

I've restored it at http://files.jwp.se/archive/. If it doesn't answer when you try, then wait an hour and try again. I just changed the DNS record for this, so it might take a while to propagate.

and this is why you need to be careful with doing that [INVOKE trick

the windows copies can be unpacked without actually running them correct??
badwolf

Postby joepal » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:46 pm

badwolf wrote:the windows copies can be unpacked without actually running them correct??

I think the *.exe files are installers. So if you're only after certain files, you're better off installing 7-zip or something that is able to read tarballs and then download the tbz2 files.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby brkurt » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:07 am

joepal wrote:We had archive.makehuman.org a while back, but it dropped off the net in the makehuman.org / makehumancommunity.org split.

I think most of the older (pre 1.0) releases simply bundled all assets without any compilation, so the obj files should be in there unchanged.

I might be confused, but for alpha 8, I think that wasn't actually released. When people speak about alpha 8, they probably mean a nightly build from the period when we were discussing releasing a8. As I remember it, we finally decided calling that 1.0 instead.

But if I'm wrong, I'd welcome someone sending me the a8 release and I'll add it to the archive too.

I've got a lot of older versions of MH, but mostly in Linux. I have a Windows nightly from January 2011; would that help?
brkurt

Postby badwolf » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:38 am

joepal wrote:
badwolf wrote:the windows copies can be unpacked without actually running them correct??

I think the *.exe files are installers. So if you're only after certain files, you're better off installing 7-zip or something that is able to read tarballs and then download the tbz2 files.

the thing is 7Zip [insert ad for Ninite here] is quite handy for cracking installers that are "magic bits with attached payload" looking at the assets from The Vault none of them are actually very interesting perhaps the original poster might be interested in the Community Assets??
badwolf

Next

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader