How the hell do i download stuff off of the assests thing?

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

How the hell do i download stuff off of the assests thing?

Postby PASTAeaterKAT » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:04 am

ok this is really pissing me off now. ive been watching how to videos for 2 hours and not a damn one has helped, either it just dosent work, the person cant speak proper English, or they dont show how im supost to do it! even went to the make-human you tube channel... But really can someone please help im getting so damn mad that im crying, because i swear to fucking god nothing is working
PASTAeaterKAT

Re: How the hell do i download stuff off of the assests thin

Postby loki1950 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:22 am

First what OS are you using which version of makehuman and which assets those on this web site or those that come with MH and most forum users will ignore you completely if you persist in using profanity :!: beside your account may simply be deleted by the admins.You simply do not give enough info to help period so cool the anger and frustration and focus on solutions.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby joepal » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:20 am

Find you makehuman home location, see http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... _directory)%3F

Find the subdir v1/data

Find the subdir with the asset type (for example clothes) (note that third part targets end up under "custom" not "targets")

Browse to the online repo asset

Right-click + save each file listed and save it in the asset dir.

There isn't really anything more to it. If this does not work, I'd be interested in knowing what happens.

The above is outlined in the FAQ: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... ll_them%3F
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby learning » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:52 pm

BTW, Joe, can you write an addon to do this automatically? I'm sure this could save the newer users a lot of heartache.
learning

Postby loki1950 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:24 am

He already did it's only in the source version thought uses a python script to clone the git mirror of the assets.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby joepal » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:14 am

learning wrote:BTW, Joe, can you write an addon to do this automatically? I'm sure this could save the newer users a lot of heartache.

Actually, I already started writing such a plugin. The planned features are:

* Normalize a local asset so it has the same base name for all paths
* Check a local asset so that all file paths are valid
* Upload an asset to the repo
* Get a list of available assets from the repo, possibly with thumbnails where available
* Download an asset from the repo

However, I've prioritized getting 1.1.0 out through the door, so the plugin is atm in its infancy.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby badwolf » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:01 pm

joepal wrote:
learning wrote:BTW, Joe, can you write an addon to do this automatically? I'm sure this could save the newer users a lot of heartache.

Actually, I already started writing such a plugin. The planned features are:

* Normalize a local asset so it has the same base name for all paths
* Check a local asset so that all file paths are valid
* Upload an asset to the repo
* Get a list of available assets from the repo, possibly with thumbnails where available
* Download an asset from the repo

However, I've prioritized getting 1.1.0 out through the door, so the plugin is atm in its infancy.

need a tester??
badwolf

Postby joepal » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:32 pm

badwolf wrote:need a tester??

I will eventually, but currently none of the above bullets actually work. :-)

So far I've just written an outline and started to design the plugin GUI.

Once there's a wiff of something that smells like it might work, I'll create a repo for it and paste a notice.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader