Scouter (like on Dragon Ball Z) Props?

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Scouter (like on Dragon Ball Z) Props?

Postby brkurt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:20 pm

SonAmyFan362 wrote:Hi, everyone. I have finally gotten the problem fully fixed for the lip sync models. I'm not sure if this is an appropriate place to request a prop for future models. There's no rush, if it can happen. I'll be fiddling with the lip sync models in the meantime.

The prop I have been desiring is the scouter, which you can find information about here. In the universe of my characters, the scouter has become reality, rather than fantasy, and is used by a Team affiliated with the local Police Department. In fact, the Team occasionally lends the scouters to regional, provincial, federal, and even international Police Officers to help them locate dangerous criminals, and bring them to justice.

I hope that there can be a scouter prop for people who are just crazy about them, like I am. Plus, in the comic that I am going to work on, I've been thinking up a draft for a scene where the girlfriend opens up a shared backpack, and gently holds the scouter, while her boyfriend is driving the boat. I won't go into too much detail, as I want to build up anticipation as to how that situation will turn out. All I can disclose about that little part is that the character driving the boat notices, and his girlfriend is somewhat nervous (but, definitely not scared of him). The first scouter has yellow display glass, rather than red, purple, blue, or green. This is a preference of mine.

All in all, I get the feeling that someone might be able to come through with this little request.

Thanks in advance. I hope I'm not crossing any boundaries. I also hope that I'm not starting this thread in the wrong Forum Category.

I don't understand much of the gamer language, but I'm interested in how you solved lip-syncing. What are the apps you used in your workflow? I've tried Papagayo, but I get better results using Audacity in frame mode, and syncing it up to Blender.

One of the undiscussed problems in realistic lip-syncing is that sound does not come out of the mouth at the exactly the same time the lips make the shape, and this can depend on the speaker, the language and the context. That's why it's best to break the sounds down into phonemes and match them to visemes. These two logical divisions of speech are approximations; for example the shape of the lips must form a pursed-and-puffed form into order to creat a 'P' sound slightly after it (about two frames).

I'm thinking Makehuman is just beginning to venture into lip-sync territory, and its best if we users keep our expectations low at first.
brkurt

Postby o4saken » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:19 am

SonAmyFan362 wrote:
All in all, I get the feeling that someone might be able to come through with this little request.

I was playing with this out of interest sake, made the whole thing but it was easier to not have a uv map and rather have just materials assigned to the specific parts, unfortunately MH assets need a uv map and cant assign multiple materials.... so now i have the model as seen in example but would have to sit and work on texturing...
Attachments
scouter.png
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:14 am

here is the Zip File after texturing (Please feel free to use as you wish) - you will have to go to edit mode in blender and select the vertices for the screen and change that to glass if you want it transparent.
Attachments
scotter.zip
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 498 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (46.45 KiB) Viewed 8552 times
o4saken

Postby joepal » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:30 pm

Hint: It's perfectly possible to add partial transparency to MHMAT materials. See for example http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... asses.html

But it's probably more efficient and convenient to do the vertices-to-glass thing suggested here.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby o4saken » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 am

Decided to play some more with this.... added another texture (for the glass) that one could mix with the glass shader to give the scanning efffect... below is the new texture (mostly black) then the node setup to achieve this and an example

EDIT: Perhaps a emmission shader would give a better effect instead of the diffuse in the node setup, so the scan effect will give off light
Attachments
scoutdifuseglow.png
nodefor glass.PNG
ovelay.PNG
o4saken

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader