What do Users Want? or, Who are MH Users?

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: What do Users Want? or, Who are MH Users?

Postby learning » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:26 am

jujube wrote:just speaking for myself here, Daz studio comes with free assets for making realistic sexy humans but that's not what I want, I prefer how makehuman starts with an androgynous human with clean topology, ability to modify it to become any age/race/gender/etc, and the ability to easily export it to blender to be modified.

I wonder if the best thing to do in makehuman's future is not to hope for a large asset library to be created, but to create/improve more pipeline tools for the human model+rig to be exported to a wide variety of programs. The makehuman CC0 license is a huge plus when it comes to using it as a base for editing.

Can we have both? MH is great for its flexibility when creating models is concerned, something not possible in well-known proprietary tools (I personally don't like models in Poser or DAZ, they seem too glam and doll-like to me), but it falls short when choosing clothing, hairstyles etc. I think we can have the best from both worlds, if the tools become easy enough for actual artists to use.
learning

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:35 pm

learning wrote:Yeah, I thought about this too. Is there any information anywhere in .mhclo file as to which base mesh was originally used?

.mhclo-files are pure text. I couldn't find any further information, than the basemesh version. Including further information about the mesh used would be valid a feature request.
Aranuvir

Postby badwolf » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:57 pm

learning wrote:
joepal wrote:That shouldn't happen unless you mismatch the base mesh type with what the clothes was made for. I.e, if you loaded the vanilla base mesh, but the asset author modeled on the base female or similar.

Yeah, I thought about this too. Is there any information anywhere in .mhclo file as to which base mesh was originally used?

it could be forced somewhat by using the notes/tags thing

maybe do Gender |Age |Ethnic triple as one of the later tags (so a standard base would be N|25|3,3,3)
badwolf

Previous

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader