Intersex Proxy / Skin [NSFW - Nudity]

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Intersex Proxy / Skin

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:06 pm

I find that when actively working on scenes that take a long time to render that I like to set the progressive refine option in the Performance panel of the Render tab of the Properties window. This acts like the preview rendering where it does passes over the entire image instead of rendering each tile completely before starting the next. This is actually a little bit slower to finish the render, but on the other hand I can often spot something I want to change early on rather than much later.

This isn't really a recommendation, your circumstances may vary, but something you can try. I particularly like to use it when I'm frequently stepping away from the computer. It may as well be doing something useful while I'm away.
blindsaypatten

Postby Mindfront » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:30 pm

That's a good start, you just manage to capture my everyday head ;)

As for rendering, I working to find the most one-size-fits-all settings for my rendering purposes. I think my latest version is in my Aksel skin material .blend file viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14504 . Do not change any settings, just import a MakeHuman character and do a test render and see if the render got any faster. This settings are in my opinion suited for almost full photo realistic scenery if it is not all to advanced. I will in a couple of days look for some examples.

Antiqua_Sphinge wrote:Perhaps I should restate my problem. I'm a writer and I am not very good with graphic arts. I have no real background in visual art and I'm not likely to master creating images. I also have a few dozen written works I need to finish.

One will never mastering creating images :) It's hard to constantly need to learn new stuff to be able to proceed the previous one.

Antiqua_Sphinge wrote:If I could get several days without interruptions they might possibly help. Unfortunately most days I'm doing good to get five minutes to myself. My duties take precedence over what I would like to get done.

Thats understandable, I had lots of spare time when I started learning Blender and I had many years of computer graphics experience to lean back on. When MakeHuman got into my life I must say they are a perfect combination... But as usual when I do something almost nothing get finished.

Now I must get into bed. I return in a couple of days.
Mindfront

Postby jujube » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:36 pm

I imagine it would help to know what it is you want to create.

*puts on biology geek hat* "Intersex" refers to any number of real but different medical conditions, so to model an intersex character, you'd have to decide what you want to use as a reference.

Hermaphroditism is something entirely different, and is currently not possible in humans, and as far as I know, not in any mammals at all. And there are two different kinds of hermaphrodites: sequential (changes from one sex to the other) and simultaneous (can produce both sperm and eggs). I don't even know if there are even any tetrapods that are (sequential) hermaphrodites... I've only heard of fish and invertebrates. So to nitpick, something that comes from imagination (like a hermaphroditic mammal) can't technically be called "realistic".

(And you'd have to decide how your fictional hermaphrodites' anatomy is structured... do they have both ovaries and testes, or a singular pair of ovo-testes? Are the testes outside the body cavity, as they are in humans in order to achieve a cool enough temperature to produce functional sperm? questions, etc)

*takes off geek hat* Well okay, it would be probably useful to think about for your story, if you haven't already (or in order to know what you want in case you ask/commission someone to make it for you), but if you're only just learning blender, thinking about all this would just get in the way, as you'd be a long way off from creating any of it... Mostly I just said all this because I wanted to get the biology exposition out of my system....
jujube

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:19 pm

jujube wrote:I imagine it would help to know what it is you want to create.

*puts on biology geek hat* "Intersex" refers to any number of real but different medical conditions, so to model an intersex character, you'd have to decide what you want to use as a reference.

Hermaphroditism is something entirely different, and is currently not possible in humans, and as far as I know, not in any mammals at all. And there are two different kinds of hermaphrodites: sequential (changes from one sex to the other) and simultaneous (can produce both sperm and eggs). I don't even know if there are even any tetrapods that are (sequential) hermaphrodites... I've only heard of fish and invertebrates. So to nitpick, something that comes from imagination (like a hermaphroditic mammal) can't technically be called "realistic".

(And you'd have to decide how your fictional hermaphrodites' anatomy is structured... do they have both ovaries and testes, or a singular pair of ovo-testes? Are the testes outside the body cavity, as they are in humans in order to achieve a cool enough temperature to produce functional sperm? questions, etc)

*takes off geek hat* Well okay, it would be probably useful to think about for your story, if you haven't already (or in order to know what you want in case you ask/commission someone to make it for you), but if you're only just learning blender, thinking about all this would just get in the way, as you'd be a long way off from creating any of it... Mostly I just said all this because I wanted to get the biology exposition out of my system....

Ah, I've done a bit of research on biology and genetics through the years. *puts on speculative fiction writer's hat* I use intersex in the biologic sense of physical organs. I've actually met a few people through the years who were born with testes / ovaries as well as penises / uteri. Back when I was a kid they'd get reassigned shortly after birth to the gender the doctors preferred, usually male. Rare to be certain, but they do happen and in that sense are realistic. I know a kid who looks male, acts female in many ways, who was born with uterus, penis, ovary, and one testicle, and was reassigned. My last release features a prototherian (egg-laying mammal) species that intrigued someone with an anthropology background enough to do some digging. Humans still have one of the genes necessary for laying actual eggs, and odds are someone could eventually splice the other genes required.

As for the story line, genetically modified people, some ostensibly male or female with some intersex in that they've got penis and vagina, internal testes as well as ovaries or ovo-testes if cyclic on sexual function, and a body temperature down around that of prototherians or monotremes. Per the original description, similar to Japanese futanari without that much exaggeration. Trust me, I've already thought about the points you've raised, but the good part about sci-fi is it often takes place in the future. *takes off writer's hat*

As for commissioning the work, I'm neither rich nor famous. Apart from a few Kindle sales totalling maybe $20, my royalties for the last four years (after taxes) averaged $5.625 per year. The award-winning artist / author who did my first three covers will do them for what indies like myself can afford, but I can't ask him to do it for free. That's why I was trying to learn enough to make a cover on my own.

I'm starting to think I'll be better off just finishing my writing as I have the chance, print a few proof copies sans artwork, and let my replacements worry about getting them published if they care enough to do so. If it's going to take several years to learn Blender or any other program well enough to do a simple cover, I might as well not waste time I don't have.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby loki1950 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am

No reason you can't stay around and kibitz ;) and you never know some asset you want/need may show up in the contributed assets keep pounding the keyboard 8-)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby blindsaypatten » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:14 am

Am I understanding correctly that you want the intersex nature of the character to be on clear display on the cover? Is that really crucial? Wouldn't it be better to create a less explicit cover than no cover at all? I have to imagine you can make an acceptable cover without having to create proxies and skins. Rather than give up see how far you can get with just the easily accessible tools.

Several times now I have banged my head against a wall trying to get some specific detail the way I want, I'm finding it is more rewarding to take advantage of the many cool things you can do with very little effort, you inevitably learn more as you go on. Grab some low-hanging fruit!
blindsaypatten

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:14 am

loki1950 wrote:No reason you can't stay around and kibitz ;) and you never know some asset you want/need may show up in the contributed assets keep pounding the keyboard 8-)

Would that be kibitz as in chatting or kibitz as in offering unsolicited and / or unwelcome advice? I've got a few "You ain't gonna believe this but there we were..." stories. I also prefer not getting shot at for saying the wrong thing at card games.

It's nice to pound the keyboard, when I get the chance which is usually when Wife and kids are asleep. The book I released last month was a week and a half away from being ready to go two years ago. I put it on hold to help take care of other things, and you wouldn't believe the amount of kvetching I had to put up with when I finally took the time to get it finished.

I've got a few dozen novels to finish. Then again with no budget to market / advertise with it doesn't really matter when or if I get them all finished. Get a few done, register the copyrights, then let my replacements wipe their butts with my work.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:16 am

blindsaypatten wrote:Am I understanding correctly that you want the intersex nature of the character to be on clear display on the cover? Is that really crucial? Wouldn't it be better to create a less explicit cover than no cover at all? I have to imagine you can make an acceptable cover without having to create proxies and skins. Rather than give up see how far you can get with just the easily accessible tools.

Several times now I have banged my head against a wall trying to get some specific detail the way I want, I'm finding it is more rewarding to take advantage of the many cool things you can do with very little effort, you inevitably learn more as you go on. Grab some low-hanging fruit!

Certain details show enough through tight clothing. Now back to counselling someone for a few hours.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby loki1950 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:27 pm

Would that be kibitz as in chatting or kibitz as in offering unsolicited and / or unwelcome advice? I've got a few "You ain't gonna believe this but there we were..." stories. I also prefer not getting shot at for saying the wrong thing at card games.

Any of the above :lol: we'er a very tolerant bunch though you may get shot at they most likely will be sponge balls 8-)

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 pm

loki1950 wrote:

Any of the above :lol: we'er a very tolerant bunch though you may get shot at they most likely will be sponge balls 8-)

I used to be extremely tolerant, but a year ago I lost some of that tolerance as well as part of my sense of humor. That's a story you don't want to hear which I prefer not to relate.

At any rate I'll check in time to time. I've got actual swords to repair, furniture to build, butts to wipe, and if I get very lucky stories to finish telling even if nobody reads those stories in my lifetime.
Antiqua_Sphinge

PreviousNext

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader