Go Go Girl

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Go Go Girl

Postby brkurt » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Here is a fully-rigged model I call Go Go Girl. She is wearing a Star Trek style dress, with mid-thigh skirt and long sleeves.

There are no Shape Keys (morph targets) yet; I will add Shape Keys to the body, and two sets for the Dress, because it needs a set to match the body motions and a set to emulate the cloth folds.

The model is ready to use:

http://www.geekopolis.ca/blender/gogoGirl1_263a.blend

Here is the rig with clothing, wig and boots:

http://youtu.be/MerBbiey8Gg

And a fully-textured model, updated Tues July 30:

http://youtu.be/qHsAVn_D0kQ

In order to recreate Vika Konvisar, I had to subdivide the Lumbar and Thorax bones, then create new vertex groups to match.

The next step is to create Shape Keys for the folds. I am going to four: Pipe, Concentrated, Zig-Zag, Spiral.

brkurt

Re: Go Go Girl

Postby brkurt » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:04 am

Okay, everything is done except for Shape Keys and Cloth Folds. I've created Armpit_L and Armpit_R bones, because the deformations are so severe that I couldn't get a Shape Key to cooperate. I think that is because the deformations occur in all the x, y and z axes.

Here she is doing a classic 'Arnold' bicep shot:

You can play with this model!

http://www.geekopolis.ca/blender/gogoGirl2_263a.blend

and here is the second video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mb3GqeZfKo
brkurt

Postby brkurt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:31 am

And now for the money shots! :D

Here is a Right Bicep Curl without Subsurf:

and here is one with Subsurface Subdivsion:

Notice how little difference there is between them. I believe that this pose is the single most difficult one for the mesh, because the entire right side vertices (down to the hips) of the model has to be manipulated along the x,y and z axes. :geek:

Okay, now I'm ready to transcribe the amazing dance moves of Vika Konvisar. :o

From here on out, I will use only the Alpha 8 mesh, so that everyone can use my custom models.

I especially want to see if my model goes from Blender to Maya or 3ds without a significant lost of functionality.
brkurt

Postby duststorm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 am

That pose looks really good!
Have you compared the result with the muscle rig that Thomas has created? Maybe you have insight in what can be improved.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Looks good! With a build like that no one is gonna stop her dancing.
Rapscallion

Postby brkurt » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Rapscallion wrote:Looks good! With a build like that no one is gonna stop her dancing.

Good point. Here are two renders of GoGoGirl doing an 'Arnold Classic' bicep-curl-and-crouch shot.

and from the back; the white area is some kind of screen artifact:

brkurt

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:56 pm

She fits the pose well. I could watch her for hours. :)
Rapscallion

bboines dubdivision

Postby nepemex » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:28 pm

will it be posible that you make a quik tutorial abot how you subdivide the bones an create the vertices?
thnkas
nepemex

Re: bboines dubdivision

Postby brkurt » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:17 am

nepemex wrote:will it be posible that you make a quik tutorial abot how you subdivide the bones an create the vertices?
thnkas

Okay, this shouldn't be too difficult to explain, as I continue to use this rig. :)

If you start with the default rig from MH 1.1.0, just select the bone, enter edit mode, press 'w' and select subdivide.

The thing to remember is that you have to plan ahead for movement. I've subdivided only two bones, and it works for me.
After that you can either delete all vertex groups, and re-apply automatic weighting, but I prefer simply to go in and weight paint the mesh so that it works for the movement I want. ;)

The creation of vertices mostly applies to clothing. To get natural-looking folds, you have to force Blender to not align the clothing vertices to a grid (it will do this every time you use the Shrinkwrap or Smooth Modifiers, for example). The folds need to be diagonal to the XYZ axes.

Once you've done this in the armpit and crotch areas, you can then subsurf or multi-res to your heart's desire, because the new divisions will follow the diagonals.

This model was fun, but the mesh is pre-Alpha 5.1, so I would suggest using the 1.1.0 mesh instead. :geek:
brkurt

Return to Gallery