Makehuman+ZBrush+Blender+Indigo

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: Makehuman+ZBrush+Blender+Indigo

Postby crayotic » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:49 am

Great work! I especially love the hair on the first model. Wish I could get mine working as well :P
crayotic

Postby klados » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:41 am

Very impressive! Can't seem to find the official gallery Manuel is mentioning.
klados

Postby pistacja » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:12 pm

The gallery has somehow lost (at least the link to it) when the page moved from http://www.dedalo-3d.com to http://www.makehuman.org
This post was made thanks to Me, Myself and I.
pistacja

Postby Manuel » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:22 pm

Yes...I should restore it in a blog section.
Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby klados » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Just curious. Was there something done in Zbrush that couldn't have been done in Blender with all these new sculpting etc. tools? I understand it might be easier with Zbrush but for the people that don't have possibility to have that kind of commercial programs.
klados

Postby BbB » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:37 am

Well, ZBrush is just a totally different beast because of the "pixol" technology it uses, which allows you to display and sculpt meshes of several million polygons without any slow down. Clearly not something you can do in Blender. The sculpting is also a lot smoother, more organic. It's hard to describe but it allows you a degree of subtlety in the sculpting that Blender just can't reach - by far.

I also hate to spend zillions on software, but this was my sole acquisition last year and I'm really glad I did it. My only gripe is the really cumbersome licencing system, which makes my copy crash continuously and forces me to request new access codes from Pixologic every other week (if this happens at the weekend and the hotline is not staffed you're screwed). It's particularly painful when you think of the number of people around who use bootleg copies and don't have to deal with this problem.
BbB

Previous

Return to Gallery