WIP Arnold

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: WIP Arnold

Postby bane-x » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:08 am

I did not changed anything on the topology, that is original MHX export. I tried to export to obj and collada dae but MH refused to cooperate :)
I am aware that this model just does not look like Arnolds body. I found a good reference here http://www.3dvf.com/forum/3dvf/WorkInPr ... _367_1.htm
More work is needed on the forearm and back. For making good muscle bump map I need more time for practice. Maybe I do first something with overgrown, oversized unrealistic muscle structure such as Hulk or something.
bane-x

Postby Manuel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:21 am

bane-x wrote:I did not changed anything on the topology, that is original MHX export. I tried to export to obj and collada dae but MH refused to cooperate :)

Nightly build or alpha 6 ?

bane-x wrote:I am aware that this model just does not look like Arnolds body. I found a good reference here http://www.3dvf.com/forum/3dvf/WorkInPr ... _367_1.htm
More work is needed on the forearm and back. For making good muscle bump map I need more time for practice. Maybe I do first something with overgrown, oversized unrealistic muscle structure such as Hulk or something.

Yes, for this reason the bodybuilder target never satisfied me, it lack realism.
Anyway it seem the old model..maybe you are using alpha6?
Manuel

Postby bane-x » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 am

Manuel wrote:
bane-x wrote:I did not changed anything on the topology, that is original MHX export. I tried to export to obj and collada dae but MH refused to cooperate :)

Nightly build or alpha 6 ?

I download and install makehuman-nightly-win32.exe date 16.07.2012 from site. Software is in alpha stage, so I thought that was ok, but since I see from your reaction that this should not happen, today I download again and reinstall MH and obj and dae export now works. 8-)
bane-x

Postby Manuel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:24 pm

bane-x wrote:I download and install makehuman-nightly-win32.exe date 16.07.2012 from site. Software is in alpha stage, so I thought that was ok, but since I see from your reaction that this should not happen, today I download again and reinstall MH and obj and dae export now works. 8-)

Odd...they should works in previous nightly too...
Anyway, this mean that you are using latest bodybuilder model.
In the images above it seem unnatural. Have you moved many sliders to make it? Or it's just the base bodybuilder (max tone and max weight) ?
Manuel

Postby bane-x » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Manuel wrote:Anyway, this mean that you are using latest bodybuilder model.
In the images above it seem unnatural.

Is the same mesh as on the previous page, except that in this pose.

Manuel wrote:Have you moved many sliders to make it? Or it's just the base bodybuilder (max tone and max weight) ?

I start from this basic model (Gender, Tone, Weight sliders to max)
everything else is in Blender 2.63a. I worked a bit more on back, forearm and the face.
bane-x

Postby Manuel » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:52 am

Ah ok.
So the default MH bodybuilder is ok.

The one you are modelling appear a bit unnatural to me, because some little details (for example, the zone shoulder-pectoral, see the image attached) and because wrong proportions.
Attachments
Arnold_body_wip7.png
Some unnatural details
Last edited by Manuel on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manuel

Postby bane-x » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Manuel wrote:Ah ok.
So the default MH bodybuilder is ok.

Yes, default MH bodybuilder is ok, but I have added more weight. Maybe I could have little to play with the sliders in MH for the face but now it's too late.

Manuel wrote:The one you are modelling appear a bit unnatural to me, because some little details (for example, the zone shoulder-pectoral, see the image attached) and because wrong proportions.

Yes, I noticed the detail in the upper chest muscles (shoulder-pectoral), decreased a little but it still needs to be reduced.
Also, it is necessary little more weight to the back. And the legs (quadriceps) are a little more oversize but I think it does not matter. Then the bodybuilders are given more focus on upper body.
Thanks for the suggestion, this weekend I will fix it and I will work more on the face.
bane-x

Postby brkurt » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Yup, that's Arnie at the 1980 Mr. Olympia. A bodybuilder with that degree of definition would not even qualify to stand on the Olympia stage by today's standards. What is needed is a 'percentage bodyfat' slider that allows for deeper muscle 'cuts' and cross-muscle strations. This would have some serious commercial value, as the mh model could then be used for fitness training targets. An example would be a biceps that had a 'head' (absolutely necessary for contest judges) and cross-muscle striations on the larger biceps. Google 'jay cutler gallery' for photos.
brkurt

Postby beyzend » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:33 am

this is awesome
beyzend

Postby bane-x » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:30 pm

@ brkurt, beyzend: Thanks

I added a little weight on the back, improved chest, little improved face.

I'll try some more work on proportions but I believe that this is maximum level of detail for generic MH model, additional details must be added with normal/bump/displacement mapping.
bane-x

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery