Death in The MetaVerse New Animation

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Death in The MetaVerse New Animation

Postby DrHas » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:46 am

And for my next trick lol https://youtu.be/PH-QZ9ATxmQ Ok, I thought some of you might be interested in my next attempt in fusing Makehuman, with NVidia's AI motion capture application - both Audio2Face and Audio2Gesture.

I wrote this composition a couple of years ago, when The MetaVerse was hyped into existence. The premise, was to write a 5 movement suite in a contemporary guise and around the idea two disembodied souls, sometime in the 51st century who have uploaded themselves to their contemporary version of The MetaVerse. I originally did the 1st 4 movements as 3d Virtual Reality fractal works with a little character animation in each. The 5th movement or this one, was going to be the big end piece with much more character animation. I stopped about half-way through because I wasn't happy with the headset. The link is just a normal video.

Fast forward twoish years later, I decided to return to the work. Mainly because I knew I could do my ideas justice now. The work also became a fuller character driven animation with the two disembodied souls being represented by the fractals.

Death in The Metaverse follows on from movement 1, where in the 1st act Bob decides he can't hack being a disembodied soul and decides to kill himself by deleting his code. I know, heavy lol. Death in The, follows Bob and Thelma through Bob's funeral and then into a digital purgatory - where you have circuit angels and demons if you like. Lol, I still have an active imagination!! If you look closely you might see a few familiar faces. I use Makehuman like a sculpture, and I had to really dig into my collection to fill all the roles.

I've used NVIDA's Audio2Face facial mocap app to create all the facial animation, with The Silver Preacher using some Audio2Gesture and downloaded BVH motion capture files. I've worked a lot of shit out now lol.

The work is 4k or 4096x2160, and each image is a 32-bit Open EXR file. I've mixed the audio into a stereo spatial format...no decoder needed. But sound should swim around your head.

I have finished, just a couple of logos and sound bites to add, the 1st tutorial on how to use Audio2Face for Blender and MakeHuman. I've filmed the 2nd part, which is how to rig the Makehuman model with Faceit and then add the facial mocap data to said model. Both shall be finished tomorrow hopefully, and I will post them here then for those interested.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy Death in The MetaVerse. Ben
DrHas

Return to Gallery