I made a pretty

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

I made a pretty

Postby LynnSpyre » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:48 am

So, eight down, and I think I'm at a point where I'm finally starting to get the hang of this thing.
I'm gonna rig her, retexture her, and do her up all pretty in Unity, I think
Attachments
grab_2022-02-14_23.53.png
7.png
6.png
LynnSpyre

Re: I made a pretty

Postby Elvaerwyn » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:39 pm

Greetings,
And Big welcome!!

Very cool, glad to see you enjoying working with the software! :D What do you do in unity if I may ask?
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby LynnSpyre » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:32 am

Elvaerwyn wrote:Greetings,
And Big welcome!!

Very cool, glad to see you enjoying working with the software! :D What do you do in unity if I may ask?
Elv

I'm working on getting to a point where I can specialize in vrm models. Applications for vtubers and virtual reality apps like vrchat. So a lot of design with motion and facial capture in mind. Possibly, in the future, maybe some fun remote control scripting. So you can douse a model in water or similar from a twitch stream. It's such a new specialty, that most people just aren't doing it yet. And I want to play here. So I'm doing it. :D

I started with vroid studio, and I pushed it as far as it would go, and I couldn't get the look I wanted. So I've been experimenting with other platforms and tools, to see if I can get to a point where I have all the base rigging essentials I need, but also an aesthetic that I'm comfortable working in. Anime isn't really my thing, and I like some degree of realism, even if the final output has to be just a little cartoony.

So right now, I'm trying to beat the blender importer into the shape I want it to be. A zebra! No, just kidding. But I'm writing some quick python for it. This weekend (if all goes as expected), I should have it fully forked and shared on github.
And I want to do some texture and material work.

Also, love your work in the community resources!
LynnSpyre

Postby Brandy Farfan » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:11 am

Hey nice work, your character is looking good.

Since you're using Unity, use either a bump map or a normal map on her, especially on the hair and clothes, and probably on the skin too, to make her look a bit more detailed, if you plan to render her in that game engine. But overall, your character is looking really good so far. Nice work.
Brandy Farfan

Return to Gallery