And now something completely different: python gumbies

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

And now something completely different: python gumbies

Postby punkduck » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:54 pm

Hi Folks

Programming python in a company and also here for MakeHuman sometimes is a rather one-dimensional world. If I am not so successful, I mostly turn into a person, which is known as a gumby in Python world.

For those who are not aware: the language python got it's name as a tribute to the British comedy group Monty Python. Gumbies in "reality" look like this:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/jun/26/still-flying-monty-python-to-mark-50th-anniversary-with-record-attempt

So we need: a small moustache, a handkerchief on his head, spectacles, braces, a knitted tank top and wellington boots.

I asked Elvaerwyn to help me. After only one day I got the meshes. Cool. So I added missing textures and tweaked it a bit, so that it works with MakeHuman.

This is a cooperation between Elv and myself.

Elv did the boots, the shirt, the handkerchief, trousers and braces (I use British terms here ;) ). Thank you Elv, it was a lot of fun.

Although this guy has the same size like John Cleese (1.96m) and therefore is taller than me, it is just the typical confused person I am after hours of programming :mrgreen:
Especially when I got another surprising stack dump from our python code where I never expected it ...

Greetings and Merry Christmas
Punkduck
Attachments
python_gumby.jpg
A typical Python gumby
punkduck

Re: And now something completely different: python gumbies

Postby loki1950 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:58 pm

There is an older instance of "Gumby" as a clay machine animation TV show from the late 50's early 60's the lead character a green play-doh kid and his pony Pokey just do goggle on gumby and pokey and watch some videos :geek: BTW figures are still available :lol:
Do like the frazzled look you gave the character PD.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Return to Gallery