Overture No.1 Star Trek - In Search of The Lost Plot

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Overture No.1 Star Trek - In Search of The Lost Plot

Postby DrHas » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:37 am

Eve all, I hope we're all staying safe and well? And that we're telling the coronavirus to go fuck itself!

As promised in a previous post on this forum - here is the overture to my animated symphony I'm working on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQlrlH3Jmnw

The piece is in UHD 4k, 50fps and wide gamut processing. Although I should have made a 10-bit master for upload to YouTube. The colour isn't as pinging - 8-bit vs 10-bit.

All the digital actors were created in Makehuman of course. Those of you who contribute assets to Makehuman may notice some being used in the piece. Whoever did the TOS Star Trek uniforms a big thank you.

All the animation is really smooth - even if I do say so myself. Although, I should have not only switched on the filmic log within the image processing section of Blender, I should have switched filmic log on within the sequencer section. The work still looks amazing, but after seeing the results in the piece I'm working on and using the filmic log sequencer setting...all I can say is everything looks even better. The Makehuman digital actors in particular, their skins looks so soft.

Anyway, enjoy. Remember it's a piss take or spoof of Star Trek. I cut bits of dialogue from across Star Trek media which I then create a new story from within the larger music production. The story is a basic send up of Star Trek 4, except rather than whales - Kirk and co have to find Pink Floyd lol. There's even cut up dialouge from Live in Pompeii. The 3rd movement which I'm working on feature Kirk and McCoy at a Pink Floyd concert - except it's not, because Kirk is actually in another universe...the multiverse. The band is actually Stink Droid lol!!

Ben
DrHas

Re: Overture No.1 Star Trek - In Search of The Lost Plot

Postby RobBaer » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:22 am

Nice job! Enjoyed it.
RobBaer

Re: Overture No.1 Star Trek - In Search of The Lost Plot

Postby MatCreator » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:42 pm

nice... a little on the kooky side, but pretty cool indeed.
MatCreator

Return to Gallery