I Was Made 4 Lovin U - Using Makehumn

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

I Was Made 4 Lovin U - Using Makehumn

Postby DrHas » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggcvseZY2Ww

Eve everybody...well here in Oz it's eve. I have finished creating a 3d animation using characters I created in Makehuman.

As the subject by-line suggests - I've done a cover of the Kiss classic track I Was Made 4 Lovin U. I have then created a Kiss cover band who perform the track using Blender. I'm actually a composer really...well I've always dabbled in so-called Fine Farts lol. I also have a rubbish Master of Philosophy in Fine Farts too! That's even funnier.

The 'digital actors' used in my animation aren't my best. When I can get around to it, I will do some 'how to' videos for here. I've spent many months perfecting my ethereal sculpturing technique lol!! I've got ADHD and suspected high functioning ASD...I take enough dexamphetamine to fell an elephant. I believe I have mastered how to take a picture and create a model from said picture. For example, I got an excellent Malcolm McDowell likeness in one of my last models. I actually by fluke last year got an excellent Udo Kier too! And I've just finished off a Trump model tonight. The boxier head shapes are harder to medel than some. And it is harder if you don't have a good front and side profile image, from which to model from. Trump's eyes too, they were particularly hard to achieve.

Anyway enjoy!!
DrHas

Re: I Was Made 4 Lovin U - Using Makehumn

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:47 pm

Bravo Zulu. Good Job!

How long did it take to do all that work?

I noticed all the A poses in the audience in the beginning. :-)
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Re: I Was Made 4 Lovin U - Using Makehumn

Postby DrHas » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:56 am

SaltyCowdawg wrote:Bravo Zulu. Good Job!

How long did it take to do all that work?

I noticed all the A poses in the audience in the beginning. :-)

Hi, thanks for watching - the music took I think 2 and a half months. This is slow for me though - when I sit down to do my Stand and Deliver (Adam Ant) - I should be able to that track in a week or two. It was the vocals that took the time for IWM4LU, they're a little more tricky than they might appear...and of course I sang what was originally sang by 4 people lol. I started the animation I think sometime October. I didn't do anything for about a month and a half. Honestly, if I had a second render machine - something like that would only take a month and half. That's the animation. This would be at full tilt though. I have the workflow right now...that's the trick! Of course 50 and 60fps take longer to do too, because of the obvious.

I will post my Trump Stand and Deliver model in the next few days. I think I mentioned that this is my next project - Trump singing Stand and Deliver. Finally figured how to paint on to the skin in Blender for the signature Adam Ant face makeup! I even found a free tricorn hat model, which I retextured in black leather.

Thanks
DrHas

Return to Gallery