The Data Defenders

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: The Data Defenders

Postby MargaretToigo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:47 pm

RobBaer wrote:
MargaretToigo wrote:Some of you may remember a discussion about MakeClothes, and making suits with a universal fit, or at least close. I used my suits for two of the characters, and Mindfront's M_Suit01, with a colorized texture and toon shading for the other. Ben has grinsegold's half bald and combover hairstyle.

These characters and the situation room are great! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. I got The Situation Room from 3D Warehouse:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/u24ba9ae9-ffd8-4828-839c-99aa59b32a72/White-House-Situation-Room

I re-worked a lot of it. The Presidential Seal was text and a lot of other parts and I trashed it for a simple circle with the Seal (it's on Wikipedia) uv-mapped to it.

I replaced the table because its topology was so uneven that it was showing through the spec and mirror shaders. And I had a better-looking wood texture, so I used that instead of the one that came with the file.

I added classic American paintings over what I'm pretty sure were supposed to be video screens because they were a less distracting background.

I was on a deadline, so I didn't have time to do the animations the way I wanted to. I got the lip synching done, did a few head nods and eyebrow emotes and then I had to render so the frames would be ready in time for the presentation. I rendered that scene on four different computers overnight and then edited the footage together on the due date.
MargaretToigo

Postby MargaretToigo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:14 pm

punkduck wrote:A story of that length isn't easy. You need a scenario and all the things also Hollywood is using, effects, music, voices, where you add cuts etc. Great work! The comic style also fits. Funny how you add the excerpt of the real movies into this comic style film.

Thank you.

My husband wrote the script -- the most essential element -- and I edited it and made a storyboard to work from for all the scenes. I had it all worked out for weeks before I had all the parts rendered so they could be put together on the day the project was due.

MakeHuman was a really useful tool that, along with Papagayo, saved a lot of time. I had ten different speaking characters (plus four non-speaking soldiers in the background), which were imported into Blender already rigged for action and speech. All I had to do was change the materials and textures to my toon style and then I was ready to keyframe the actions and load the .dat files I'd already made in Papagayo.

I do mixed media all the time, which is why I use semi-realistic textures in the background and stock footage and live action clips from movie trailers and TV spots.
MargaretToigo

Postby Mindfront » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:34 pm

I just love the video, and the humor in the search for available super heroes :D
It's great fun and intresting to watch other MakeHuman users work and angles, and using some of my assets makes it even more fun, and personal.
And I noticed you have contributed a lot of new clothes, my characters jumping all over the place wanting to try them on. Thank you!
Mindfront

Postby MargaretToigo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Mindfront wrote:It's great fun and intresting to watch other MakeHuman users work and angles, and using some of my assets makes it even more fun, and personal.
And I noticed you have contributed a lot of new clothes, my characters jumping all over the place wanting to try them on. Thank you!

I am always thrilled to see how others use my clothes. And regardless of what assets are used in them, I love to browse the latest renders here, to see all the different artistic styles.

I don't remember whether or not I've posted in there, but I've been lurking on your Body Study thread and those skin and nail textures are really really good. They look like photographs of real people.

I also loved your movie story about the two women who go shopping and encounter the scary-looking men, who are knocked out on the ground in the next frame, with the ladies walking away giving them the ol' finger. And then we see the cast and crew standing around chilling, perhaps waiting for the set up for the next scene.
MargaretToigo

Previous

Return to Gallery