Ultraboy (large image)

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Ultraboy (large image)

Postby o4saken » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Ultraboy from legion of superheroes - i started this planning to make all the clothes as assets, all the clothes were modelled on the average male, but when i use Makeclothes to get them into Makehuman, it works until i try add the muscular male topo - then the clothes become all distorted, so in the end i just imported my character and all the clothes OBJs into blender fit them manually, then parented the clothes to the rig, added weight paints, all this simply so that i could pose him... Fun stuff :)

Ultraboy.png
o4saken

Re: Ultraboy (large image)

Postby jujube » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:22 am

Cool scene! Is that the new hair shader?
jujube

Postby o4saken » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:28 am

jujube wrote:Cool scene! Is that the new hair shader?

Thank you.
No old version of blender 2.79 - just using the hair shader nodes - x2 one transmission and one reflection. the node setup does about 90 % of the work,
But then i render my hair on a separate layer, so when i setup my scenes to render it renders both the hair and the model separately, then i move to node editor where i combine both the scenes, overlaying the hair on the model, doing this i can now use an rgb curve, hue and saturation and bright/contrast node to fine tune the hair without affecting the model at all.
o4saken

Postby punkduck » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:01 pm

the first Emo-type superhero I saw in my life. I always thought superheroes must be at least 50 years old and wear colorful bodysuits :lol:

Great work as always, o4saken!
punkduck

Postby Mindfront » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 pm

The character feels alive, waiting for the right moment... Great emediating pose, first I didn' notice the "finger" :lol:
Mindfront

Postby o4saken » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Mindfront wrote:The character feels alive, waiting for the right moment... Great emediating pose, first I didn' notice the "finger" :lol:

Thank you.
:) the finger wasn't planned originally - i was in the process of closing all the fingers to have the arm just resting there, but then i saw how interesting it looked with the middle finger unmoved, so i left it, and it worked quite well as it matches his expression on his face, kinda naughty look which i think is what makes it as you say the character feel like he is waiting for the right moment.
o4saken

Postby Brandy Farfan » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:37 pm

That is some really good work there.

I think the boxes shadow is missing though.
Brandy Farfan

Return to Gallery