Other Elf Girls (Warning: will contain nudity!)

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: Other Elf Girls (Warning: will contain nudity!)

Postby Pirata_62 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:51 pm

joepal wrote:The first one is a really nice pice. Possibly I think I can detect a bit of fresnel artifacts in the terminator borders. You're running a diffuse/glossy/fresnel mix? (this is what you get from MHX2 atm)

On the margin, replacing that part of the skin shader with principled bsdf can make glossy surfaces which have close to a 90 degree angle between the normal and the view vector look better.

Hi!
I still don't know much about the technical part, but thanks for the tip, I'll try that!
Pirata_62

Postby Mindfront » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Especially love the expression, pose, composition and light in "Golden". The other images is also great and I can't wait til next piece of art.
You inspired me to dig through my older, never finished, projects and recover one of my first Blender (learning) scenes and finalize it.

Pirata_62 wrote:For now, I'm still trying to decide which way to follow: a comicbook style with stories and single scenes of my heroines in peril..., or simply portray the beauty of women (perhaps both?).
All of the above and more, space has no boundaries :D

Pirata_62 wrote:Now my little robot certainly is not as cute as BB-8, but I'm very proud of him
And you should, I agree with wolgade that's a very cute robot, handing over a towel 8-)

Pirata_62 wrote:If I had to model the girl myself in Blender it'll probably take two or three more years of learning to reach the result you see above.
This is one of the reason I share my work, to help people get started using MakeHuman and 3D software to create art, without usage restrictions. It's frustrating wanting to make a scene and realize you have to learn more and more before even get started. Thank's to the MakeHuman team and user contributions it's possible to focus more on the artistic parts.

Pirata_62 wrote:Still no hair for the girl though. Maybe she's in some kind of military service and has to wear it very short under the helmet.
It's more practical to go bald in space, less debri flying around. In a close battle no hair for the enemy to grab.

Pirata_62 wrote:To finally justify the nudity warning on this thread's title...
It should be a warning on all clothes just to be certain some people understand the risks "If removed prepare for a lifetime trauma" :mrgreen:
Mindfront

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:59 am

I'm particularly struck by the quality of your posing, they're good poses done well, which is no easy feat!
blindsaypatten

Postby Pirata_62 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi everybody!
First of all, thanks Mindfront and blindsaypatten for your words. I'm especially demanding about my poses and expressions, that's an inheritance from my time as a photographer. I'm still struggling with more "action" poses, though, but in time I hope to fix that.
And here you have three more scenes. None of them are really new, but there are some updates.
This one below was my first scene with this kind of a cavegirl from another planet. From the original render, I changed the position of the moon, the textures of the rock and the "outfit" (now procedural) and added hair to the model. I'm beginning to like making hair and combing it. :D
Foto 010.jpg

Below is a sequel to the cavegirl. In the original render she didn't have any hair and wasn't holding that spear, and there were no pyramids. The textures are all procedural. The sun is a mix of a sun lamp with a UV sphere set to emission. And the sky is a transparent plane with a noise texture and a color ramp to make that "whirlwind" effect.
Foto 011.jpg

This one has nothing to do with the cavegirl, it ended up being more like a "Golden" sequel (but it was made previously to that one). I updated the body of the model, with a lot of new targets, but kept the ponytail hair because I thought it looked good in the scene. Still not using the principled bsdf, which I started doing from this one on. The textures of the "idol" and the "floor" are generated with Genetica Viewer (Spiral Graphics). The inscription in the base of the idol reads "Yrmus", which is a name taken from the site Fantasy Name Generator, and is from a god of Fortune.
Foto 012.jpg

Well, that's it.
For my next post (maybe this weekend) I'll bring back my Space Girl (and the robot!), in some very unusual environments and with much more elaborated scenarios (lots of assets).
Pirata_62

Postby Pirata_62 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:58 am

Foto 013.jpg

Foto 014.jpg

Well, as promised, here's what my Space Girl (and her friend the robot) were up to in the last few days.
The first one is called Space Girl Goes West and for this scene I used a lot of downloaded goodies: a gun from 3Delicious, a cowboy hat by nevada48 (BlendSwap), cowboy boots (the guy lying on the ground) by robertj114 (CGTrader), saloon by ultraplex (TurboSquid), western house by petethepauper (TurboSquid) and finally the folded paper used in the "Wanted" poster made by SPikEtheSWeDe (from DeviantArt). The barrel is mine (at least this I can model) and the textures are generated with Wood Workshop (from Spiral Graphics).
The second one is called Space Girl Goes to the Movies and the credits go to 3Delicious (sofas and flowers), CadNav (ad displays/billboards), Yughues from DeviantArt (textures of the floor and wall), and Wrong Side of the Art (movie posters). The robot, of course, is mine.

Still have to improve my "clothes", especially the boots. And while I'm struggling to learn some modelling, I search the web for freebies... but I found out I like using them, because it saves a lot of time. I love making very detailed scenes and if I had to model everything myself it'll take forever to make every single picture.

I made both scenes as tributes to two of my favorite genres: scifi and western. I think I already said that I love old movies, but I also love old movie posters... I have a huge collection of those, so I had to find a way of using them in one of my scenes, and here they are. I hope you guys like them.

Now Space Girl and her sidekick can get into their Delorean and go back to the future.
Pirata_62

Postby Pirata_62 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:27 am

NOTE: I just realize I forgot to mention Space Girl's hair... (I'm always forgetting something, i know!).
Well, I agree with Mindfront about going bald in space, but since she was traveling through time to the old west, I thought it would be good to see how she looked with her scalp intact. I don't know about future scenes, but for these two I liked her to have some hair.
Pirata_62

Postby wolgade » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:07 pm

"Wanted for indecent exposure" :lol:

Exactly my sense of humour. BTW great images. The skin might be a bit too glossy, but most probably she's simply oiled up. :D
wolgade

Postby Mindfront » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:17 am

Yes, great renders, the one with the big sun and the desert, I can't say in word how much i like it :D
Mindfront

Postby Skalldyrssuppe » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:11 pm

yeah you should put some guns on thoose nipples as to not offend any pietus americans :lol:
Skalldyrssuppe

Previous

Return to Gallery