Body study as seen from my perspective

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: Body study as seen from my perspective

Postby rwman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:49 pm

Mindfront wrote:Hello rwman, you can try my Kamden skin http://www.makehumancommunity.org/skin/kamden_skin.html which also includes a specular and normal map.

I saw that, but unfortunately they both are for male characters with abundant bristle facial hair and salient body musculature
rwman

Postby Mindfront » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:37 am

punkduck wrote:Funny that they married in a church. I also thought Evi left church because she could not understand, that religion is often used as a political weapon.
It was Kamden's parents that payed for the wedding therefore demanded it performed in a church. Evi and Kamden got out as fast they could when it was over. Kamden's parents is a bit conservative ;)

punkduck wrote:Hmm, 1.5 mb .obj-file for the eyebrows :) Even my new proxy has only 14700 vertices. Definitely not be used for background characters then :)
Better safe than sorry ;) Overdo something an you forget that it had been enough to make each hair flat instead of triangular to save polys :oops: and use solidify for close-ups.

To make a serious test of the new Blender 2.8 cloth simulator I decided to improve "F Ninja". I was never satisfied with the end result, especially the normal map is bad. Now after a while of testing, even though Blender 2.8 has way better cloth simulator than 2.79 it sometimes still neccesary to do own fold painting. to get that little extra if now working with a very high resolution mesh.
Mindfront

Postby Mindfront » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Mindfront_-_Christmas_2021_Jodelle_MidRes.jpg
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Presenting Jodelle, our latest character made using MakeHuman. Idea and design by Bellatrix.
There is still some work to do before Jodelle is ready to be published to the community. This is an experiment on creating a complete ready to pose/animate and render character for Blender using prepared particle hair with physics and clothes using cloth simulation.

This year 2021 has so far been the best year of my life (if nothing really bad happens the next few weeks), Bellatrix has also mentioned something similar. Some minor downturns and setbacks but previously years has always got more of the bad than good, this year for the first time the opposit.

Not that i am materialistic but among other things i got a new computer that expanded my 3D and music posibilities. The only bad thing with the new computer is Windows 10 as my DAW dont support Linux. I avoid new gadgets as much as possible but sometimes it is necessary to upgrade.

Probably it's time to go through the clothes we've made in recent years and see if there are any that are suitable to upload. The latest clothes are not transferred to MakeHuman because our new approach is to fit them on our characters using cloth simulator instead.
Mindfront

Postby punkduck » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:35 pm

Greetings and welcome back ...

comparing the last two dates: it was 2 years ago you sent sth. here. :shock:

Hmm, about your box: If you really want to use Linux also: I now have a Windows partition on one box and installed a Linux later (the other way round is not as simple).
As long as you have enough disc space it is not a problem. I would recommend to use an own partition on the SSD for the OS (or even better a second SSD) and a partition to swap data (file-system type should be NTFS for this partition, so that both OS are able to read). The dual boot loader installs itself in front of the Windows boot loader, this is usually supported and not a big problem.

Your picture is quite realistic. :D

But do they harvest the Christmas trees in summer in Sweden? The amount of fir needles on the floor is frightening and you have modeled real candles.
Mindfront, for political correctness of modern world and insurances ... at least you should add a fire-extinguisher on the left. :mrgreen:

So yes, merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
punkduck

Postby Mindfront » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:44 pm

punkduck wrote:Greetings and welcome back ...
comparing the last two dates: it was 2 years ago you sent sth. here. :shock:

Thanks, there has been so much to do in all possible respects that time has flown by unnoticed. It feels like a maximum of a few months.
I am happy to see that the community has grown and more people are making assets.

punkduck wrote:But do they harvest the Christmas trees in summer in Sweden? The amount of fir needles on the floor is frightening and you have modeled real candles.
Mindfront, for political correctness of modern world and insurances ... at least you should add a fire-extinguisher on the left. :mrgreen:

The spruce is withering because it is not in water. :lol:
I voted for electric candles but was voted down by Bellatrix. For security Aksel stod ready with the fire-extinguisher behind the camera.

I recently published an updated version of F Dress 05 on Blend Swap https://blendswap.com/blend/29897
New textures and material for Blender Cycles and prepared with cloth simulation.
And soon hopefully within two weeks is Jodelle packaged.
Mindfront

Postby Mindfront » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:52 pm

After reading wolgade's post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20395
about using MakeHuman to tell a story. Wanted to post this render we made to pay tribute to real heroes who unfortunately in many cases are not mentioned in history. Taken from our flickr-page.
WSPU_-_NUWSS_1913.jpg
Mindfront

Postby loki1950 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:56 pm

Love the composition very balanced.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:47 am

Hmm,

Great, of course I was aware of that image in Flickr. I really like it, because the background of the complete history is interesting. And all the things you used to create the atmosphere are pretty realistic for the time.

Suffragettes fighting for women's right for election are not forgotten. In Germany it was simple, we lost WW1, threw out the "Kaiser" and established a new system, called "Weimar republic". This included women's rights for election, 10 years earlier than GB and 2 years before US. But the foundation for all that was created at least ten years earlier ... this was the same for all the countries I mentioned.
1906 (in those times) Russian Finland was the first country where women are allowed to vote in Europe .. I did not expect that and I am still wondering.

I thought you tried to create a similar person like Emmeline Pankhurst there? There are similarities. Of course those old black & white pictures of the suffragettes all look rather similar. Emmeline went to prison for her fight. They called this movement "radical" in those times ... hardly to understand for a person living in a modern world.

Greetings
Punkduck
punkduck

Postby Mindfront » Tue May 03, 2022 11:39 pm

punkduck wrote:I was aware of that image in Flickr
You are :o
punkduck wrote:And all the things you used to create the atmosphere are pretty realistic for the time.
97.5% made by me and Bellatrix, took several months, as you know my work speed. :ugeek:
punkduck wrote:I thought you tried to create a similar person like Emmeline Pankhurst there? There are similarities.
Jennifer reads about all the injustices and wonders if it's time to take action. :idea:
Mindfront

Postby Mindfront » Tue May 03, 2022 11:53 pm

After a lot of hard work and testing, Jodelle is finally ready for publication.
Jodelle_Preview_01.jpg
Jodelle preview 01

This project was Bellatrix idea, at first meant as something simple and quickly done but when the project landed on my computer, the plans were completely broken. :ugeek:
Jodelle_Preview_02.jpg
Jodelle preview 02
Jodelle_Preview_03.jpg
Jodelle preview 03
Jodelle_Preview_04.jpg
Jodelle preview 04

Jodelle became an experiment to create a MakeHuman character with prepared hair dynamics and cloth physics to work almost out of the box when appended into a scene to pose or maybe animate.

I made my first animation as an presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMKwb9EZP-c
Animation is for me completely new. It wasn't easy so I think I'll continue to focus on stills for quite a while longer but it was fun to for the first time see one of our characters in motion. Blender 3 still has problem with the physics in world scale 1:1 therefore the hair dynamics and cloth simulation not looking optimal.

The body textures is only 4096p and jpeg therefore not quite as detailed as my original skin textures but enough for reasonable close-ups.

Uploaded 28/4 to Blendswap but it's still on pending. I have several times encountered problems uploading to Blendswap therefore I'm looking for another Blender friendly site where I can publish as an alternative. Created an account on Sketchfab, tested upload, but that site is not entirely suitable for blender projects that are this complex. There doesn't seem to be any possibility to upload your own preview images and no chance of making the model look the way it should in its 3D editor.

So, if you have a very fast computer with a great GPU and using Blender 3.1 - and a lot of patience.
Jodelle is downloadable at https://sketchfab.com/Mindfront listed as restricted and looks terrible in the preview.
If Jodelle is approved by Blendswap you will find her there, along with some of our other MakeHuman characters.

In the meantime, we have three unfinished characters in the pipeline, but it will be some time before inspiration arrives to complete them if ever, they may fade into oblivion. Here is one of them with a suntan version of my 8192p base texture, using Jennifer's eyes and hair at the moment. Scene light two spot lamps.
Unknown.jpg
unfinished MakeHuman character

Also uploaded some old clothes. :D
Mindfront

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery