The race to the mars ...

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

The race to the mars ...

Postby punkduck » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 pm

... was won by an Asian female.

I did this image to say thank you for the wonderful asset Grinsegold has done.

Obviously it is not a male character in the suit, because when I create males ... ehm ... forget about that. So I took my new character Xiao. It is not so complicated to do something like that, you do not have to change the suit at all. These suits are unisex and there is space enough left. Girls won't even ruin their hair-do :mrgreen:

You only have to save your character twice.

• supply your character with the suit without changing anything (for eyes, teeth, tongue, hair-do, the skin left etc.) and skeleton. Don't use smoothing. It looks weird, I know.
  • now memorize the height of your character
  • change character in the modelling/main menu. Male, caucasian (asian=0, african=0) the rest of the sliders should be in middle position.
  • now change height until you reached the memorized value. The suit should fit.
  • export it again using a new name
  • In Blender first import the "weird version". Threw away the suit.
  • Now import the second model and threw away everything except the suit.
  • change parent object of the suit to be your original ("weird") character
  • change skeleton to the skeleton left over.
  • do grinsegolds adjustments with the bumpmap. Between output and transparency add an add-Shader. The open entry of the add-shader should be supplied with a emission shader and the color-input of the emission shader is supplied with the emission texture.

Of course it is not 100% correct, but works. You can pose arms legs etc.

So in 20 years an Asian female will win the race. Not NASA obviously. Maybe because somebody built a wall and is still paying the rates, so no money was left for such a project. Whereas a specific Asian nation allready has a wall and gets money out of if, but only as a tourist attraction. And it is also not eSA, so as a European I will keep my mouth shut. When I look at the history of some Asian states, they allready had culture for 2000 years, so it is not that far away, that they might be able to do it .....

xiao_on_mars.jpg

xiao_on_mars2.jpg
punkduck

Re: The race to the mars ...

Postby grinsegold » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Have you plugged in the diff-texture into the tranparency-color-slot? Will give a nice golden glas-dome. You'll get rid of the shading artefacts/seams at the helmet if you use the updated normal map.
Here's the metalness-map, if you want to easily drive a glossy-node for the chrome-belt:

Mars-Suit_met.png

And here's the simplest functional nodetree:

Mars Suit Nodetree.png.png
grinsegold

Postby punkduck » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:50 pm

grinsegold wrote:Have you plugged in the diff-texture into the tranparency-color-slot? Will give a nice golden glas-dome. You'll get rid of the shading artefacts/seams at the helmet if you use the updated normal map.
Here's the metalness-map, if you want to easily drive a glossy-node for the chrome-belt:

And here's the simplest functional nodetree:

No I haven't. Obviously I should do the picture again :? But then I will take two girls out of my collection and will try a scene, what about "Tennis on Mars" ... no just kidding. But I will find something.

It took me two hours to do the renders above, a simple NASA background image, a orange sun to create the atmosphere, that's all. I only wanted to show that it works.

And for the honor (see your comments in the assets-section): believe it or not, this 2015 picture http://www.makehumancommunity.org/contest/september2015/grinsegold_princessofroses.png was one of the main reasons why I bought a new machine, installed MakeHuman and started to learn Blender. Why? Because the girl looks good and quite real and you don't need an expensive system to create it.

Of course I also know your other pictures, and damn yes, as an enthusiast of all weird and independent things in art, I like them ... :mrgreen:

But I still must admit, that most of my work is creating textures in GIMP, I'm far away to be really good in Blender compared to these Blender-Artist-people ... but when you stop learning you are dead. So I will go on ;)
punkduck

Postby grinsegold » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:34 pm

My first displacement bake:

Mars-Suit_displ.png

And how about extra ao? :

Mars-Suit_ao.png
grinsegold

Return to Gallery