Jigen from Lupin the 3rd

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Jigen from Lupin the 3rd

Postby Clockmaster » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi!
I have used Makehuman 1.1.1 and Lightwave 3D 10.1 for this fan art based on the famous gunslinger Daisuke Jigen from the anime Lupin the 3rd. The Smith & Wesson Gun was modeled by me.
Hope you all like it. the model is a work in progress, expect periodic updates.
Bye!
Attachments
JIGENTESTRENDER6.png
Clockmaster

Re: Jigen from Lupin the 3rd

Postby Clockmaster » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:34 am

Finished!
Crits are welcome!
bye
Attachments
Jigen RENDER FINAL_POST PRODUCTION GLOW AND SMOKE.png
Clockmaster

Postby blindsaypatten » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Pretty darn good I'd say!

Only because you asked for critiques I'll mention a few nitpicks. The cigarette looks a little too yellow to me, I would put in more orange and red. Something happened to his right eyebrow between the two renders. As a personal preference, I would like to seem some white in the eye to avoid looking like a demon or alien or whatever. The inside of the far side of the collar seems too black and there is some background showing through, is the inside of the collar missing? You might try softer lighting for the light source that is creating the shadow from the near side of the collar.

He is often portrayed with the eyes hidden by the brim of the hat, it might be fun to do a pose or camera angle like that. Just from a google image search ( https://www.google.ca/search?q=Jigen+fr ... 0&bih=1324 ), the beard might be a little more pointy around the chin, more forward and less down. The ears and nostrils are makehuman problems, the slight weirdness of the wrist is also makehuman I'm sure.

There seems to be two different style for the nose in the drawings, one quite small, the other long and very pointy, so no issue there.

Again, these are just the random thoughts that came to mind comparing him to the drawings from google, your artistic vision should be paramount, particularly where to fall on the spectrum between cartoon and photorealistic.
blindsaypatten

Postby punkduck » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:39 pm

Clockmaster wrote:Finished!
Crits are welcome!
bye

Cool scene. Lindsay is right about the eyebrows and cigarette. We need the Smith and Wesson in the assets, always using a katana when you want to have some fun is really annoying :mrgreen:

But I guess, the weapon is not Quads-only?
punkduck

Postby Clockmaster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:40 am

Thank you all very much for the advices and for the appreciation.
This is a new version with slight improvements.
I have had serios problems with the forearm posability, since an issue with the makehuman skeleton chosen and Lightwave 3D compatibility (I used "Default" skeleton, instead I might have used "Game Engine" skeleton).
So I can use full figure pose only with caution.
But I would like to pose something like jigen pointing his gun, with the gun in foregroung.
Thanks again and goodbye!

P.S.: yes, the gun is quad+tris, mixed. I modeled it in nearly two hours with only a side reference image (a speed run, since I need it for my model!), I'm evaluating retopologizing it manually (my version of Lightwave hasn't a "retopology" function)
Attachments
Jigen RENDER FINAL_POST PRODUCTION GLOW AND SMOKE_NEW.png
Clockmaster

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Great artistic work :D
Aranuvir

Return to Gallery