What are you working on?

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: ---

Postby CallHarvey3d » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:29 pm

DredNicolson wrote:I see. Now I'm curious how you'll do Orko. :mrgreen:

yea i never said magic didn't exist in Eternia! haha i think if i take it that far ill make him pretty literally. as in his literal character design as a little inherently magical elf like creature from trolla who covers his face for cultural/religious reasons. Not too bad. its triclops that would be difficult, unless i made all the eyes mechanical, completely inorganic. ill just make sure i lose interest and move on before i get to him
CallHarvey3d

A WIP I Let Slip

Postby DredNicolson » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:59 am

darkelf_00.png
A Dark Elf in Cycles Light

He'll get a unique armor and weapon eventually. In the meanwhile I'm using o4saken's elf armor assets and a CC0 sword from BlendSwap as placeholders to test materials. Scene is lit by background procedural sky, partial ambient occlusion, and a Spot lamp for highlight and shadow. The drowskin texture is my recolored version of middleage_darkskinned_female_diffuse. The UV grid floor is for testing reflections (Gotta give the shaders something to reflect. :| )

Cycles Rendertime (Ellesmere 2x dual-GPU Compute): 2 minutes 47 seconds, at 512 non-squared samples per pixel.
DredNicolson

Re: What are you working on?

Postby CallHarvey3d » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:01 pm

very cool! skin and hair give very noble look. how does blendswap work? is it like turbosquid/cgtrader as in you sign up and can download free models?
CallHarvey3d

---

Postby DredNicolson » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Essentially. :)

All assets on the site are free and CC licensed. The only restriction is a cap on downloads/month for free accounts.
DredNicolson

Postby CallHarvey3d » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:17 pm

small progress but progress. working on environment materials and lighting while attempting to compose the scene. attempted rock wall but like the brick better. tweaked skull size and started work on shoulder armor. character is quickly composited so lighting doesnt match
Attachments
throne5.png
CallHarvey3d

Postby CallHarvey3d » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:45 pm

slow progress but progress! setting up camera, composition, lighting and effects, depth of field fire and such. need to pose skeletor and introduce the mystery 3rd character
depth of field test
Attachments
skeldepth.jpg
CallHarvey3d

Postby wolgade » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:28 pm

On the first page of this thread I presented the idea for an (almost) procedural skin texture.

I found the time to make a tutorial. http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14174
wolgade

Postby CallHarvey3d » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:34 pm

been suuuuupper busy but still pushing projects forward little details at a time. here's a quick update on one you guys have seen
Attachments
comp2.png
CallHarvey3d

Previous

Return to Gallery