Models of Destiny

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Models of Destiny

Postby dvnobles » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:24 pm

Hi all, hope everyone is doing great...
I'm not getting a lot of response over on Blenderartists, so just thought I would post some here and see if any feedback. I am making a graphic novel and all of the characters (currently around 20 with main characters and extras) are made exclusively using MakeHuman and Blender. Here are a few including the preliminary cover. I'll post a full crew pic in a few days or when I get it done. Link to graphic novel website if anyone is interested: destinytgn.com

Frame68.png

Frame115.png

cover.png

//dan
dvnobles

Re: Models of Destiny

Postby edge1rc » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Great artwork. I like the lighting and the skins.
edge1rc

Postby punkduck » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi

I'm always looking for female hairdos ... because for me it is one of the most challenging part of my work. The first picture looks very good considering the hair. And when you really create 20 characters in this way, then the complete thing will be very interresting in the future for us ... :o

I also like the graphic novel by the way ...

In Blenderartists there is the complete virtual world, here in MH it is more about characters. So here you will get response for sure. :D
punkduck

Postby edge1rc » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:04 am

I did graphic novels/comics with a program called poser some time ago, Even had them published,
edge1rc

Postby CallHarvey3d » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:14 pm

nice! love the camera angle in the first shot. cover is stellar! looking forward to seeing more
CallHarvey3d

Postby punkduck » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:49 pm

Hmm, why not mentioning this link:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?408857-Destiny-Lives!

Good work so far!!!
punkduck

Postby Brandy Farfan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Lovely work.
I like the first pic, with the orangy haired girl, wearing the greenish jacket the most. :D
That was really done well. And nice camera angle on that pic too.
Brandy Farfan

Postby dvnobles » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi all,

I must apologize here as I must not have checked the box to get notified when new posts were here, but anyway thanks to everyone for the great comments! The first issue is published on Amazon "Destiny - The Graphic Novel" and I have been working hard to get the 2nd issue done. Script is done and I am in the rendering process. Unfortunately, 3 of the characters were done with the old MakeHuman and there are posing / clothing problems, so I am redoing those characters. The hard thing is, one of them is the main character (the Captain), so it is not easy to make him look exactly like he looked in the first graphic novel. But the good news is, I am using the "make clothes" tool with all the latest characters and this makes it sooooo much better to pose and work with. Take care!
//Dan
dvnobles

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Nice work. I like the cover as it lends itself to not only getting a prospective reader's attention, it attracts the eye.

Good advertising blurb as well. The price looks good to start, though you might want to adjust it upward once you get your next instalment done.

I'm a writer self-publisher so I understand what it takes to get a project from inception to completion and then out into the market.

While I didn't do my own cover, my last release is also on Amazon where I doubt it will ever sell. It's kind of hard to compete with the big publishing houses unless you have a good niche market. "Mono-Earth: The War of the Egg" (Not an advert, just showing what I do when I'm not wiping butts or taking care of other duties.)

Seven years from copyright registration to final edits, formatting for print, and getting it out there. At least the proof copy will give my replacements something to read some day.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby dvnobles » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:42 pm

Antiqua_Sphinge wrote:Nice work. I like the cover as it lends itself to not only getting a prospective reader's attention, it attracts the eye..

Thanks Antiqua, it's definitely a labor of love. As I work on the 2nd one, there are days (like today for example) when I don't think I'll ever get anywhere with it, but I keep trudging away. If it wasn't for programs like MakeHuman and Blender, I don't think I would have got this far with it. Good luck in your endeavors!
//Dan
dvnobles

Next

Return to Gallery