Models of Destiny

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: Models of Destiny

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:25 pm

dvnobles wrote:
Antiqua_Sphinge wrote:Nice work. I like the cover as it lends itself to not only getting a prospective reader's attention, it attracts the eye..

Thanks Antiqua, it's definitely a labor of love. As I work on the 2nd one, there are days (like today for example) when I don't think I'll ever get anywhere with it, but I keep trudging away. If it wasn't for programs like MakeHuman and Blender, I don't think I would have got this far with it. Good luck in your endeavors!
//Dan

I don't write for the love of it. I'm just trying to get the characters to be quiet about their stories, while leaving my replacements something to get to know me through. I'm old enough and they're young enough by the time they'll want to actually know me as a person, I'll have reached my expiration date.

I started out with a manual typewriter, just saying. Had I listened to my parents advice, I never would have finished writing my first book.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby dvnobles » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Antiqua_Sphinge wrote:
I don't write for the love of it. I'm just trying to get the characters to be quiet about their stories, while leaving my replacements something to get to know me through. I'm old enough and they're young enough by the time they'll want to actually know me as a person, I'll have reached my expiration date.

I started out with a manual typewriter, just saying. Had I listened to my parents advice, I never would have finished writing my first book.

Same here about the typewriter. Unfortunately, I did listen to my parents advice...or lack thereof. It took me a number of years to get back to it.

//Dan
dvnobles

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:09 am

dvnobles wrote:
Antiqua_Sphinge wrote:

Same here about the typewriter. Unfortunately, I did listen to my parents advice...or lack thereof. It took me a number of years to get back to it.

//Dan

My parents thought it would build my character if they took a fat juicy dump on any idea I had that didn't involve making money the way they thought I should. My brothers got encouraged to get their PhDs. I got: "Son, you're on your own."

Funny thing is my parents were wrong, I write well enough to be traditionally published (per an award winning author) -- the problem being at my age I don't have the years to wait until some intern going through the slush pile passes one of my manuscripts up to an acquisition editor.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby grinsegold » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:36 am

Cool!
grinsegold

Previous

Return to Gallery