Alternative models ...

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Alternative models ...

Postby punkduck » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:20 am

Hi there,

I was at a show in Nuremberg two weeks ago and got some inspiration, what I can do with my models. What I've seen is a really different kind of beauty and yes I liked the performance, because the girls at the show do alternative art in my eyes. But I also know, that not everyone will agree. But these girls were also at the comic con and so I guess some people out of the game scene will know them ... I'm talking about the suicide girls.

At the show we were allowed to take photos and put them in the internet (they are always saying that in the show after a few seconds of hesitation ;) ) ... but models + games + inspiration ..., well I don't have photos, but here is my attempt of a suicide girl using Makehuman with one of my models and Blender:

I took Dani, who should be able to dance, when you look at her body. I changed her hair color and added a "tattoo texture layer" (but without a special shader like Mindfront has done, I only use a mix-color node). I was not happy with an HDRI or background picture, so I modelled a stage with the background very similar to the real one and light equipment at the ceiling. Then it took me some time to find a pose and a part out of their program for a scene in Blender. In the end I decided to model the classic part of the star wars persiflage.

dani_alternative_model1.jpg

The complete stage + light equipment looks like this (sorry I've only one girl, the star wars persiflage normally has 5 members as far as I remember, so this is the "Dani Suicide" rehearsal then :D ):

dani_alternative_model2.jpg

I hope you like it, it was a lot of work. For those of you living in the U.S.: the real girls (not my models) will do a tour April 2017 ;)
punkduck

Re: Alternative models ...

Postby loki1950 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:34 am

I have a friend who runs an erotica art gallery in the back room of his partner's sex shop most of the local girls into burlesque shop at her shop her daughter manages it.His own art is not on the erotic side though he has offered to show several of my efforts that I'm not quite finished with yet digital art is such a new thing that the formal ART crowd don't know how to valuate or sell it :lol: probably take an other generation for all the old critics to die off :mrgreen:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:11 pm

loki1950 wrote:I have a friend who runs an erotica art gallery in the back room of his partner's sex shop most of the local girls into burlesque shop at her shop her daughter manages it.His own art is not on the erotic side though he has offered to show several of my efforts that I'm not quite finished with yet digital art is such a new thing that the formal ART crowd don't know how to valuate or sell it :lol: probably take an other generation for all the old critics to die off :mrgreen:

Enjoy the Choice :)

Well the digital art itself is relatively new. But also the kind of this female dominated project (read the story in wikipedia) is new and controversial. Some women consider that a new kind of feminism, because they have the right to do these things because they want it like that (they decide themselves, how much they want to show from themselves). On the other hand, there is money, and so it becomes a contest like always (who is the most beautiful alternative girl etc.). To realize that when you are a young adult, it is not easy ...

These shows are presented in locations, where normally independent bands are playing their music. The show is for adults, but the picture I created is the end of the striptease, you can't see more than that. And the crowd is 50% female ... (age of the audience is between 20-35, but also people up to 60 were at the venue). For me there wasn't so much difference to a music act, 2 girls were even stage diving in the end :lol: . In the beginning the suicide girls are supported by people from the independent scene, e.g. Courtney Love from the band Hole. When you read the story it was and is controversial, because a lot of girls left the suicide girls. But this is the same phenomenon like in indie scene. It becomes more and more commercial and the people then leaving the scene. I grew up with punk, indie, grunge, riot grrrls and underground comics, Beavis and Butthead and Southpark ... there are a lot of parallels.

Let the next generation decide where they want to go. I tried that for myself and it wasn't always the right decision. But being creative helped me to earn my living. Punk was creative, computers were relatively new in those times, I studied computer science and today I'm programming, but it is network management instead of computer graphics ...

This statement I wanted to add. But it should not be political or something ;), I will go on creating stuff for MH. The stage I created may be used for an all female band (the serious kind of band, not the ones from casting shows). But to create instruments with Blender will take some time. :mrgreen:
punkduck

Postby CallHarvey3d » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:45 pm

this is really cool idea. i've always said the setting is what sells a character. like batman and gotham city.
CallHarvey3d

Return to Gallery