TankGirl WIP

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: TankGirl WIP

Postby CallHarvey3d » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:59 pm

slow progress but progress none the less developing the story has taken a turn for the better i think. tank girls tank is starting more like a quadcopter, that started life as a plane. its going to be a fun comic to play with. i just hope i can get the time to work on it that it deserves.
Attachments
tank.png
CallHarvey3d

Postby punkduck » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:04 pm

This looks really professional. What I really like is your richness of ideas ... :o

When I'm working on a scene it often takes a long time to get an inspiration and even then it is only average ... :?
punkduck

Postby CallHarvey3d » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:13 pm

Thanks! I've had a couple different ideas that I've been growing in my head for a long time and just recently melded them together. So it's not like I'm a creative super genius. this kind of thing is usually pretty difficult for me that's part of the reason i'm doing this project. I think it's going to work out. storyboarding a couple test pages for this comic now. then ill make some revisions based on how that goes and then redo the test pages. It might not work but it's fun!
CallHarvey3d

Postby CallHarvey3d » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:19 pm

" it often takes a long time to get an inspiration and even then it is only average .."
reference reference reference! It's never bad to recreate something you love with your own twist. it saves a lot of guess work, gives you a clear idea of your goals and helps to keep you on track. and every great artist found inspiration in other art whether it be content, composition or technique. if nothing else it provides you start to finish practice so that when you do have a great idea you are better prepared to create it
CallHarvey3d

Postby loki1950 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 pm

And it is formally sanctioned it's called quoting in music true originality is very rare 8-)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:32 am

My bigger problem is lack of fantasy, I'm able to do in a way realistic scenes ... but e.g. it took me half a week to find half a dozen tattoos for one of my models for a suicide girl scene ... these small things always made me mad. So I have the "big picture" and fail when I've to do the details ... :shock:
punkduck

Postby CallHarvey3d » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:11 pm

plane is almost finalized interior and exterior. starting work on environments, lighting and render settings. still playing with style
thoughts?
edit - added a touch of blur on the quad rotors
Attachments
Harv3.png
CallHarvey3d

Postby punkduck » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Hmm, looks very good already. I like her language ... :lol:

How did you do this picture? First Blender, then a graphic program like Photoshop or GIMP?

For the rotors in Blender you also can do sample motion blur ... but it depends if you want it in a more comic-style, then your method might be better. The sample motion blur is a more technical way, but also works.
punkduck

Postby CallHarvey3d » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:13 pm

thanks. this is 90% post. i rendered the plane in 3dsmax and photoshopped it with a screen grab of the character from MH and a photo background. this is just a style test so i didn't spend to much time on it with motion blur and stuff but i will once i get my pages laid out. trying to get a process down that goes quickly so i can hopefully finalize a page a day once assets are created. three pages laid out already. once i get the majority of this book laid out ill go back and finalize models and re-render.
going faster than i expected. hopefully i can share a first page before the end of the week
CallHarvey3d

Postby CallHarvey3d » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:15 pm

rough page one. this text and images will all be reworked if not scrapped completely im still learning and figureing this comic stuff out
Attachments
pg1.jpg
CallHarvey3d

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery