Party time!

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: Party time!

Postby punkduck » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:17 pm

Milkman wrote:Well aother quick render with punkduck lingerie/clothes and callharvey3D pose, I think she looks great, and BTW punkduck this top is just crying for transparency :D

oh god, and Joel Palmius asked me to use these delete_groups :lol:

If I do that your girl would be fully transparent. For the new tubetop (I work on this damned normal map the whole afternoon ...) I used the delete-vertices, also the tight (long) jeans is changed.

But if you do not want these groups, you can simply throw away all the lines at the end (delete_verts + all lines with the numbers following this statement) in the .mhclo file. An example of Evi wearing both new clothes will be put to the daily life of models ...

Btw.: PM seems to work ... I will give you a quick answer later ...
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Yet another render featuring the black cocktaildres by Punkduck and M Suit 01 by Mindfront:
render.jpg

It's far from being finished, but I thought I'll post it anyway. I'm not satisfied at all with my cloth shader. The bottle in the background is taken from http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/66611.
wolgade

Postby joepal » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:28 pm

punkduck wrote:oh god, and Joel Palmius asked me to use these delete_groups :lol:

If I do that your girl would be fully transparent. For the new tubetop (I work on this damned normal map the whole afternoon ...) I used the delete-vertices, also the tight (long) jeans is changed.

The delete group is not destructive when you export with MHX2. All you need to do is disable the driver for the mask modifier, and then you can toggle that modifier on and off on a per-need basis.

So it's way better to have the delete group available but have to disable it if necessary (which is very easy) rather than not having it available and have to manually delete vertices or assign them a transparent material.

delete1.png
Right-click the purple on/off toggle button and choose "delete driver"

delete2.png
Now you can simply disable the mask modifier if you don't want/need to remove the vertices for the render or the viewport.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby punkduck » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:01 am

wolgade wrote:It's far from being finished, but I thought I'll post it anyway. I'm not satisfied at all with my cloth shader.

If that is the original exported shader setup, at least change the color input from the glossy shader to the texture, white and a fresnel is a lit bit to much for black clothes except you create latex ;) . And I normally add this displacement stuff in my tutorial, when I have no normalmap or generate structure by a noise or voronoi shader.

But the rendered picture is very realistic, much better than most of my scenarios!!!

joepal wrote:
punkduck wrote:oh god, and Joel Palmius asked me to use these delete_groups :lol:

The delete group is not destructive when you export with MHX2. All you need to do is disable the driver for the mask modifier, and then you can toggle that modifier on and off on a per-need basis.

So it's way better to have the delete group available but have to disable it if necessary (which is very easy) rather than not having it available and have to manually delete vertices or assign them a transparent material.

may be I'm using an old version, but after 5 times I realized, that I must mark the "override exported data" option in the mhx2 importer. :roll:

Otherwise the mask modifier is not created.

But special thanx for the information, this is really an option, maybe it is also good in my "library context", because I often have to adjust faces.
punkduck

Postby joepal » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:33 am

I think most people will want to use "override", enable face shape and face drives, set import type to "proxy" (if using a proxy) and set rig type to "exported mhx". That way you'll get the most of the MHX2 features, such as IK, masks facial expressions etc.

Maybe this should be put somewhere in the docs at some point.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Mindfront » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:47 pm

wolgade wrote:Yet another render featuring the black cocktaildres by Punkduck and M Suit 01 by Mindfront:
render.jpg

It's far from being finished, but I thought I'll post it anyway. I'm not satisfied at all with my cloth shader. The bottle in the background is taken from http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/66611.

This is a great picture, I like the poses and the overall impression. I hope to see the end result.
Nice wine glasses, I'll just about to make such for the Christmas scene I'm doing for the MakeHuman community.
Mindfront

Postby wolgade » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:39 pm

Mindfront wrote:Nice wine glasses, I'll just about to make such for the Christmas scene I'm doing for the MakeHuman community.

You can find them here: https://marken.zwiesel-kristallglas.com/shop/de/article/articlelist!carousel.action?category=000015&productline=000280&article=&productKind=0152100&brand=schott#/118248 It's German, but you'll find good product photos suitable for modelling and the measurements of the glasses.
wolgade

Previous

Return to Gallery