Simple Renders

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: Simple Renders

Postby punkduck » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:57 am

When I'm using subsurface scattering I had to change my textures (I've to bleach them, the girls become reddish). :?

But it is also possible to get good results in MH - well at least in my opinion. Before I started to learn blender, I tried to reach my results only using MH.

mh_evi_screenshot.png

I was simply playing around with the litspheres. In both picture I use them only for hair and skin. When I take the litsphere from the first model for the second one it looks weird indeed, so every model gets her own litsphere.

mh_leska_screenshot.png

I also reactivated the perspective code and put that in the animation modul of MH (well with some unpredictible results when you switch back to orbital view etc.).

But I was totally unhappy with things like polygon hair (which of course sticks to the body as you can see) and I wanted to understand more of 3D. So I use MH for what it is designed for. For hair and posing, location etc. I now use Blender. The only problem: For a picture I've to wait for hours (CPU-rendering) until it is finished. In MH this only takes a second. GIMP (for textures), MH and Blender: for me it is a perfect combination.
punkduck

Postby edge1rc » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:53 pm

Thanks for the tips. My version of MH does not have the animation tab. I guess this was excluded in the linux version.
edge1rc

Postby loki1950 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:41 am

edge1rc wrote:Thanks for the tips. My version of MH does not have the animation tab. I guess this was excluded in the linux version.

Your not missing much ATM as it was not working as expected :( so It's not active in the current release either the Linux or Windows versions it will probably be active as soon as those gremlins get caged again.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:43 pm

I installed a non-finished version somewhere last year manually. The reason was, that I had no idea, if you can run two different versions, a stable one and an unstable on a MAC. So I downloaded file by file the source-code and since that time I understand how MH is designed. I put that version in a directory in /Applications/Makehuman_unstable and I can't start that the normal way Apple users do ...

Last not least the MAC is not very different to LINUX if you consider the shell commands. I don't know, Apple is hiding more and more the reality (it always looks so simple, but when you have to check syslog to understand why your program cannot read PNGs? :evil: --- no way , I've to switch back to Linux, because I've more and more problems to understand what my MAC is doing :?

Of course an X11 (XQuartz) is always running and sudo is a command which I use very often ... :lol:

Back to the topic: the code of "animation" is in <MDDIR>/plugins/3_libraries_animation.py (see bitbucket). But when you load it, it only consists of the frame slider. You could use it after loading a bvh-File with more than one pose. The frame slider is not the best solution, because you cannot really select a specific frame, its more like jumping around. The reason is, in my opinion (I could be wrong), that data is transferred to the GPU when you move the slider. And that takes half a second per frame, at least on my box. I tried to write a loop displaying all frames like a film but I failed. For 20 frames it needs about 20 seconds and only the last frame was displayed (yes I know the reason ...). So I only added a forward button, this works fine, you can see the animation step by step.

All other buttons change parameters of the camera and object. The code for perspective view is still in lib/camera.py, where I also had to change 1 or 2 lines because it does not work the way as it does before in MH 1.0. But this is only a hack. Maybe I will redo it, as a "perspective viewer" without ruining the official code and put that in bitbucket ;)
punkduck

Postby Milkman » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Maybe You will be so kind to share with us some of yours great assets ? :)

Thanks in advance :D
Milkman

Postby punkduck » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:29 pm

Milkman wrote:Maybe You will be so kind to share with us some of yours great assets ? :)

I will start uploading tomorrow. See last reply in "the daily life of models". I will also do a kind of tutorial how I created the models etc. A lot of GIMP and Blender, some tips and tricks. I know, we have people in this forum who are really experts working with Blender, but we also have people opening Blender, then spotting a boring cube and approx. 200 buttons ... next step is looking for the button to close the application. Well at least that was the way I started ... :oops:

But it will take a little time ... stay tuned ;)
punkduck

Postby Milkman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:41 am

punkduck wrote:
Milkman wrote:Maybe You will be so kind to share with us some of yours great assets ? :)

I will start uploading tomorrow. See last reply in "the daily life of models". I will also do a kind of tutorial how I created the models etc. A lot of GIMP and Blender, some tips and tricks. I know, we have people in this forum who are really experts working with Blender, but we also have people opening Blender, then spotting a boring cube and approx. 200 buttons ... next step is looking for the button to close the application. Well at least that was the way I started ... :oops:

But it will take a little time ... stay tuned ;)

Of course I will wait, thank You in advance once again :D
Milkman

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:57 am

punkduck wrote: [...] I know, we have people in this forum who are really experts working with Blender [...]

Don't worry, this is not the blenderartists forum...
Aranuvir

---

Postby DredNicolson » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:14 pm

There's a Minimize Stretch tool in Blender's UV/Image editor (hotkey: Ctrl V). This will iteratively adjust the selected UVs to reduce distortion. It won't mess with the borders of UV islands, but it could warp any interior holes. To prevent that, deselect the UV points around the hole.

Useful for fixing minor stretching caused by editing the shape of a mesh model.
DredNicolson

Next

Return to Gallery