the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby punkduck » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:54 pm

I just want to show the users, how MakeClothes really works internally. This is a picture from the early days of our long term development in MakeHuman.

earlydays_fo_makeclothes.jpg

Elvaerwyn had the idea of an old sewing machine. Where I grew up, we had a machine from the 60s. Elv remembered she was using a model from the earlier times, and I found out it must have been a singer model 27 in sphinx design (first built somewhere around 1904). It definitely looks better than the machine of my grandma from the sixties.

So I did this scene.

Meanwhile all my characters have clothes. ;)

A big thank you to all the authors doing assets for MakeHuman and to Elv especially for helping me with mannequin, clothes rack, floor lamp, hanging clothes and fabric.
punkduck

Postby joepal » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Love it :-)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby MargaretToigo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:25 pm

That's exactly how I imagined MakeClothes working... :D
MargaretToigo

Postby punkduck » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:41 pm

I did a new render in between of less known bedroom secrets. The canopy bed and the french one piece lace was made by Elvaerwyn. Thank you very much :D
The character is weighted using the skeleton twice with and without a "keep-volume" in Blender. It is Mindfront's method without corrective smooth.

bedroom_secrets.jpg
less known bedroom secrets

I hope you like it.

Edit: I had to redo the hair: blender 2.80 display the emitters of the hair (scene was done with 2.79 but rendered with 2.80)
punkduck

Postby Mindfront » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:46 am

Outstanding!!!
Quantum Physics, one of my favorite subject :ugeek: after Blender and MakeHuman ofcorse.
When I saw this I just had to comment, sad about not having time to stay for long, this time...just realized it's 03:43 AM.
Mindfront

Postby punkduck » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Going to bed late (or should I say early) seems to be a common habit here in the community. 2h30 is no problem, that's what I sometimes do. Of course the alarm clock throws me out of bed at 7h30. And we have more nocturnal persons in our world :mrgreen:

Mindfront: we cannot understand quantum mechanics. We have to accept it (citation from wolgade's tutoress of physics ) ....

Honestly I had to watch videos about that phenomenon (Schrödinger's cat) which then was my idea of the book cover. The portrait of Schrödinger is from the old 1000 Schilling bill (Austria).
punkduck

Previous

Return to Gallery