the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby punkduck » Sun May 13, 2018 1:01 pm

This time a bit of humor, I just created a pair of swimmies (water wings) for the kids. Leska's son, Maksim, has to try it. It also looks funny to see Mindfront swimming trunks on this small character, btw.

When I created the texture of the swimmies I became aware of the text:

No safeguard against drowning! Use only under expert supervision!

Okay, so I changed the texture of the one-piece bikini a bit and here we go. :lol:

babylifeguard.jpg
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Mon May 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Well, I like the image. There's something about it, I can't tell.
punkduck wrote:No safeguard against drowning! Use only under expert supervision!

It's probably much the same as the hot-coffee-warning. Back in those days when we both wore these swimmies, most people knew that children that can't swim need permanent attention while being in a pool. They also knew that hot coffee is hot.
wolgade

Postby RobBaer » Mon May 14, 2018 11:11 pm

The only trouble with "your girls" having kids is the nagging suspicions about who the father might be. :mrgreen:
RobBaer

Postby punkduck » Mon May 21, 2018 8:15 pm

RobBaer wrote:The only trouble with "your girls" having kids is the nagging suspicions about who the father might be. :mrgreen:

The "intellectual father" is me. But I'm also the intellectual father of "my girls".

First I thought of an advertisement for a position as a father. :lol:

But no, I'm an old fashioned guy. :oops:
So Leska, Maksim and <male-name-here> should be a family.

I'm in contact with Wolgade and Mindfront, I have an idea of a character (derived from a living person) which should fit to Leska. No superman, no nerd, no weirdo, but also not an ugly guy of course. I guess female members will have less problems than me to create a "nice guy", but why not trying it. So this year I will also do a family scene, for sure.

But before there are two other topics. One is a bit harder because I will do a character without MakeHuman, but which should fit to our characters. Topic will be riding and therefore I need a horse ... I could use all things considering quads-only, poles, rigging, textures, strand-hair etc. what I learned from MakeHuman and Blender. It is a logical step to do in my opinion.

And after I've done 3 (East-)European (=Caucasian) girls and an Asian one, I've neglected the African ones. Well, I know, Mindfront has done a really authentic girl. The history of my new girl is African and partly European (30% Caucasian), it all started with her ancestors arriving from Africa somewhere in South- or Middle-America, later someone from Spain joined the family. So she has a name used in Spain and South-America: "Noelia". Noelia is an Afro-American girl, born in the late nineties in California. If someone is interrested where I got the motivation from, change her given name to French ...

So why this one? I especially like her big brown eyes!!! (btw.: you have to correct the eyelashes in Blender when you resize the eyes in MakeHuman :shock: )

There is still a long way to go, even the skin-tone is not perfect now (but it will not be as dark as Mindfront's Zakiya because of the 30% Caucasian), the hairdo is borrowed from Leska (color from Evi), the eyebrows are still painted and I could not show more because the skin ends half an inch later ;)

So you have to be patient. Of course she's a model as always, not more, not less, but that is, what this thread is about. For the more expressive characters, I have to ask Mindfront ... :roll:
Attachments
noelia.jpg
punkduck

Postby RobBaer » Mon May 21, 2018 9:12 pm

punkduck wrote:The history of my new girl is African and partly European (30% Caucasian), it all started with her ancestors arriving from Africa somewhere in South- or Middle-America, later someone from Spain joined the family. So she has a name used in Spain and South-America: "Noelia". Noelia is an Afro-American girl, born in the late nineties in California. If someone is interrested where I got the motivation from, change her given name to French ...

So why this one? I especially like her big brown eyes!!! (btw.: you have to correct the eyelashes in Blender when you resize the eyes in MakeHuman :shock: )

VERY nice as always. I did not recognize the history of the hair, but I was thinking how wonderful it was when I was looking at it. It would be cool to have a mesh version of African hair in such a style. We don't have much going on in that area.

Anyway, terrific. Can't wait for further developments.
RobBaer

Postby Mindfront » Tue May 22, 2018 9:06 pm

I just love your babylifeguard image. It catches sight immediately and it conveys warm feeling.
punkduck wrote:First I thought of an advertisement for a position as a father.
That is not so bad idea, and the winner is...
punkduck wrote:I have an idea of a character (derived from a living person) which should fit to Leska. No superman, no nerd, no weirdo, but also not an ugly guy of course.
Then Aksel and Big Head is out of the question :mrgreen:

punkduck wrote:So this year I will also do a family scene, for sure.
Yes!!! That is something to look forward to :D

Your african woman looks fantastic... and those dark, deep, luminous eyes. If you need any help just ask. Fine skin details can be extracted the same way as described here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14024#p40528
This is how I add new details to each character.

Are you doing a whole new body texturing :shock:
Mindfront

Postby punkduck » Wed May 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Mindfront wrote:
punkduck wrote:So this year I will also do a family scene, for sure.
Yes!!! That is something to look forward to :D

Well after my findings I'm convinced that I figured out the living person, from which the character will be derived from. But this time the texture will only have some details of the face and hand region. The rest of the body will be pure fantasy. He is not an erotic model (as far as I know) ;)

Mindfront wrote:Your african woman looks fantastic... and those dark, deep, luminous eyes
Are you doing a whole new body texturing :shock:

I send two links of her. I also have found a picture comparing her with or without eye-shader. So this effect is in reality a bit enhanced ...

At the moment the bigger problem is to figure out the real skin color. The whole texture will be done, yes, but I also have to reuse parts of e.g. Dani and to recolor it. The gloss- and normal maps will be partly added. But before the details I've to create the hair-do. The hair-do she has now is not really African, it was the quickest way not to supply a bald head ;)

RobBaer wrote:VERY nice as always. I did not recognize the history of the hair, but I was thinking how wonderful it was when I was looking at it. It would be cool to have a mesh version of African hair in such a style. We don't have much going on in that area.

Maybe I will also do hairstyles with polygons or meshes. In this case I first have to enhance my textures I've done for O4saken. (with more different lengths). Then it can be used for nearly all hairstyles. The Afro-American hair-dos are often similar to the Caucasian ones, Noelia has straight hair on most pictures. A real African hairstyle? Typically small dark curls? Well here is Africa today:

https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/8b2d01fc472e00a6619d68346a51b84e/5B9AFA7B/t51.2885-15/e35/24838618_334059040397116_1060232154694287360_n.jpg

This is a picture of Miss Zambia, Namibia, Ruanda. Of course very beautiful and you can also see the different skin colors. But the hairstyles are not special African ...
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sat May 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Okay, here we go, Noelia, my Afro-American girl is ready. I changed a few things in geometry and I added the skin shader that Mindfront and Wolgade developped, a 4k-gloss and 4k-normal map.

Not yet 100% but she looks more natural than the rest of the girls I've done before. I created her with a simple hair-do, like she has in reality, also the eyebrows are made with strand hair.
The skin color is more natural now, instead of an orange color (like in the first picture) I changed the color of the texture by multiplying a grey tone. Otherwise she looks a bit pale under most light conditions.

noelia_afro_american.jpg

Oh, I forgot to add better fingernails ... :roll:
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Sun May 27, 2018 1:09 am

Well, she's a beauty. I have no idea about my influences on the skin shader. If there's any, I'm glad to have published my stuff.
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Mon May 28, 2018 10:04 pm

I also tried an hair-do which is more Afro-American style. It is not yet a 100% convincing :( ... it could be better but for a first try it should be okay. A lot of flatness and a clump-curve was used in Blender, all three particle systems use the same settings (funny enough but I never tried that before).

noelia_curly.jpg
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery