the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby punkduck » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:52 pm

After I have created a stage for the suicide-girls scene I now tried to make my model Leska a guitar player and singer. Therefore I created a guitar and a microphone. The guitar consists of quads only and works fine with subdivision surface algorithm. So I hope I can put it into the assets with a little work.

When you look at the guitar, you may guess the kind of music, she is playing. Obviously no Christmas songs :mrgreen:
These guitars are often used in Noise Pop, Shoegazer or Postrock style and typical girls in such bands have wonderful voices ;)

It was quite difficult to create a pose for a guitar player ...

leska_guitar1.jpg

leska_guitar2.jpg
punkduck

Postby RobBaer » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:07 am

Now all we need is to add a picture of Duststorm jamming with her :D

So, I think that is a C barcord, but I can't guess the song. I think you did great on the pose!
RobBaer

Postby loki1950 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:40 am

Diffidently a C bar-chord of course a bar E would have been easier just the index finger across the neck :mrgreen: Nice work punkduck.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:01 am

loki1950 wrote:Diffidently a C bar-chord of course a bar E would have been easier just the index finger across the neck :mrgreen: Nice work punkduck.

Enjoy the Choice :)

Are you sure?

Non-mainstream sometimes has weird tunings ... when Leska plays s.th. like Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth) does, you always have a lot of tuning work on the guitar. Here we go: http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/tab/tuning.html

If you do arpeggios in Shoegazer, Dreampop, Postrock style then the chord works, simply leave out the high e string, when playing. I just tested that 5 minutes ago :lol:

For guessing the song: when I do the picture I listened to the Baltimore band "Thrushes". Watch their "Heartbeats" video in YouTube, the singer plays a different guitar from the same vendor, but the guitar I've created is also part of the video. This kind of music was my inspiration ... (so it is standard tuning then) 8-)

I will do a complete scene with bass and drums in the future (and of course a bunch of effect pedals on the floor, the reason why this music is called Shoegazer) ;)
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Cool!

For the final render I would spend attention on two things that I realized immediately:

1. The microphone cable is too thick. Typical diameter would be 6 to 7mm. https://www.thomann.de/de/cordial_ctm_5_fmsw.htm
2. The microphone stand also needs some work. Most of them have a black finish today to avoid reflections when used in a TV show. Apart from that; The diameter of the tubes it is built of should be decreased. https://www.thomann.de/de/km_27105.htm

Sorry for being a bit petty, but I make a living as a sound engineer and have an eye for my regular tools.
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:08 pm

wolgade wrote:
1. The microphone cable is too thick. Typical diameter would be 6 to 7mm. https://www.thomann.de/de/cordial_ctm_5_fmsw.htm
2. The microphone stand also needs some work. Most of them have a black finish today to avoid reflections when used in a TV show. Apart from that; The diameter of the tubes it is built of should be decreased.

Sorry for being a bit petty, but I make a living as a sound engineer and have an eye for my regular tools.

3. The microphone stand has no tripod on the floor, it even hovers above the ground. :lol:

That is the reason why you can't see Leska completely. Yesterday I quickly needed something like a microphone in front, because I wanted to make her a singer. Then I needed a pick because she shouldn't ruin her fingernails and nearly I forgot to plug in the guitar. :shock:

I just uploaded the guitar as a tool/carried (or even weapon, when you consider my taste of music :D ) for MH.

I will rework some parts of the microphone equipment of course. I need at least two for the girls singing and another bunch for the drumset ...

If I will do more mistakes, I will go to company in your Link and will do the measurement directly (it is 60 kilometers away from where I live ;) )
punkduck

Postby RobBaer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:26 am

Now that Leska is playing in the big time, she might want to ask that "community dentist" Marco_105 about trying some *Star_teeth. They seem to work better with a lot of open mouth expressions than the built-in teeth.
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... teeth.html
RobBaer

Postby Mindfront » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:30 pm

This is so cool. MakeHuman as grown alot since I was here last time and I cant wait to try this guitar on my characters. I will post the result here.
Mindfront

Postby punkduck » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:51 am

RobBaer wrote:Now that Leska is playing in the big time, she might want to ask that "community dentist" Marco_105 about trying some *Star_teeth. They seem to work better with a lot of open mouth expressions than the built-in teeth.
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... teeth.html

Don't talk about dentists, I had a root resection this year ... these guys are evil, evil, evil :?

Okay back to the topic: I've tried the teeth and made a comparison directly in MH. I changed the material of "base-teeth" and "star-teeth" to litsphere "leather" to make them more visible and then played around with the vocalize and surprise2 expression by simply toggling between the teeth. Then you will see the differences. The star teeth were slightly lowered, pushed forward and the upper jaw (at least) is enlarged. I was aware, that a smile does not really work in standard, so I also lowered the teeth after import in Blender. But changing the size of the upper jaw may result in weird effects ... (by exaggerating this you make my girls look like horses :lol: )

The picture in the beginning of this topic (http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/download/file.php?id=3629&mode=view) was done with base teeth (a bit lowered of course), the teeth are visible. You can also push the corners of the mouth upwards until you may see the teethridge, like in reality. But in this case the star-teeth may peek through the lips.

I also tried to change the material of the teeth (only the teeth, not the gum) to a special pearl-like material. The effect is hardly noticeable, so it is sufficient to throw out the fresnel of the original setup and increase the gloss of the texture. But all these things only have an effect if you are close to your character ...
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Here we go: my first ballet collection is ready. Also for dancing in (alternative erotic :mrgreen:) shows, it is exercising, exercising, exercising ... (but normally the training is done without a tutu :D ).

All clothes are free for download ... maybe a few modifications/additions will follow in future.

dani_ballet.jpg
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery