the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby RobBaer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:56 am

I like the hair variations on your models. Would you be willing to share how you did them? This is one thing I've had little success with yet.

but when I put e.g. a pair of long jeans of a famous frankonian U.S. immigrant into the assets ... big lawsuit ... I don't know ... ?! :(

Albert Einstein? :D
RobBaer

Postby punkduck » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:20 am

Albert Einstein? :D

No Einstein was born in Ulm, a city which is part of the german federal states (like Missouri in your case) Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg today. Frankonia is the Nuremberg region where I live and it it part of Bavaria in southern Germany. Löb Strauß was born 1829 in a small village called Buttenheim. The 'ß' is equivalent to 'ss' and the umlaut in Löb (more or less pronounced 'leb' like in level) becomes Levi ... oops I mentioned a brand now :D, but this is really a part of American history in my eyes.

But I had also look into Wiki for that for sure ... :geek:

For the hairstyles and of course other parts like materials, lighting, posing whatever: I can do a "making of" in another folder, would 'Tutorials' be okay? Because that's mosty Blender stuff and not MH.
punkduck

Postby RobBaer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:57 pm

punkduck wrote:No Einstein was born in Ulm, a city which is part of the german federal states (like Missouri in your case) Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg today. Frankonia is the Nuremberg region where I live and it it part of Bavaria in southern Germany. Löb Strauß was born 1829 in a small village called Buttenheim. The 'ß' is equivalent to 'ss' and the umlaut in Löb (more or less pronounced 'leb' like in level) becomes Levi ... oops I mentioned a brand now :D, but this is really a part of American history in my eyes.

Fantastic. Thanks for the history lesson; to me a real bonus of hanging out in this forum. I was sure it wasn't really Albert, but I completely missed the Löb Strauß hint/connection.

punkduck wrote:For the hairstyles and of course other parts like materials, lighting, posing whatever: I can do a "making of" in another folder, would 'Tutorials' be okay? Because that's mosty Blender stuff and not MH.

Tutorials would be great and indeed way better than Gallery.
RobBaer

Postby punkduck » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Okay I will start to write a tutorial. But this will need some time, because I'm very busy (daily job ... and another hobby). But MH characters are really cool for every scene you might imagine. But today I'm a bit tired, just like Evi in the picture ;)

evi_bedroom1.jpg

Some information: the pillow and teddy (It was my first "person" with strand hair) where some exercises I made to understand Blender. Shapekeys are used for the pillow to simulate the weight of Evi's head. The blanket simply works with cloth-collision ...

I created a complete dollhouse including furniture, lamps etc.
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:18 pm

I figured out that the best way of creating clothes for different characters is to use the standard female in makeclothes so Aranuvir was right. When I tried to recreate the Babydoll on the mesh of Evi and then later tried to dress Leska it shows really weird effects. Both have bigger breasts but a different shape, so even then it makes no sense. Therefore the best way is to change some parts in Blender in the end. Just like I did before. The only problem could then be the distortion of the texture ...

I also noticed that I used an old version of makeclothes (with signifikant problems considering the back of the character), I've done a diff command ;) and put the new code to the Blender plugin directory. So for the forum I will at least generate the clothes with the new version. Furthermore I will throw out my own litspheres from the materials ... tomorrow I will start to upload the first dress. This one:

leska_dress01.jpg

Short description: Leska is posing with a cocktaildress (including the typical vodka martini, shaken not stirred of course :D). The jewelry is also a gimmick I made, maybe I will upload this as a zipfile if somebody is interrested. Furniture and picture are rendered copies of existing objects. And don't be afraid, no copyright problem for the picture in background, I bought it in Mostar (Bosnia) ... so it is mine now :D
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:17 pm

So is that the old Mostar bridge :?:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:15 pm

Yes the picture in the background is the rebuilt "stari most" (old bridge). Sead Vladović is the artist, but I bought it and now you can see it. I was in Mostar, when the bridge was reopened after the civil war, it was very emotional.

Well I uploaded the first dress. I hope it works. A least I was also able to put that in a wardrobe on a coat hanger without modification only using cloth simulation.

interior.jpg

Next lingerie will follow ... because, when you look under the dress --- and I know you guys will do that :mrgreen: --- I guess it is a must not to get into big trouble :lol:

Normally you can combine all my skirts and dresses with the underwear I create (as long as it makes sense).

Here is a teaser ;) :

evi_studio2.jpg

The bra is made with two layers, so that you are not able to see the areola, just as in reality. It will be added in black and white color (in reality there are more colors available).
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Like the lace detail and colour changes are fairly trivial for most of our non newbie users ;)

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:10 pm

loki1950 wrote:Like the lace detail and colour changes are fairly trivial for most of our non newbie users ;)

That's mostly painting alpha masks on the UV-map with PS/Gimp. The biggest problem is finding good lace patterns for the brushes, I don't think the patterns are hand painted...
Aranuvir

Postby loki1950 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:39 am

I don't think the patterns are hand painted..

If my memory is correct lace was one of the first textiles that was machine produced but premium lace is all hand work why it's so expensive but finding good patterns if indeed hard with Google image search just the starting place.

loki1950

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery