the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby punkduck » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:43 pm

When I'm looking for clothes I often try to find fashion which is not for daily use. This time I will simply show, where I found the clothes which inspired me at the weekend. It will be an exception, because I normally will not do any kind of advertising here. The idea is from a shop down under (Australia):

https://livingdead.com.au/products/clone-leggings

As you can see, I'm using an own pattern not to get into conflict with existing copyrights, but the design should look similar. And now you can see, why I also uploaded an unicolored version of the high neck crop top. I tried to make a similar picture with my Leska character.

leska_clone_clothes.jpg

Not really the same girl, but I hope you like it nevertheless.
punkduck

Postby RobBaer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:28 am

Nice job. Next time the clothing company can hire you (and Leska) and save a model commission.

Leska has enough in common with the model that I can see how you got inspired. :)
RobBaer

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:49 pm

RobBaer wrote:Nice job. Next time the clothing company can hire you (and Leska) and save a model commission.

Leska has enough in common with the model that I can see how you got inspired. :)

I hope REAL models presenting clothes will always exist ... no matter how perfect the virtual ones will be in future ;)

After a week of doing nothing I started to realize one of my old ideas derived from the topic "ballet". We have winter again and so I thought to do some assets for figure skating. I created a pair of ice skates (with short blades) used in figure skating. The ice skates are available in the assets, as always. And I have just done a demo picture using Dani again. Of course there was no time spent to create an appropriate environment so far. I will do a dress also, the leotard is just used for training. A few poses for the assets will be added. As always I've no idea about the sport itself, when you put me on skates I would soon land on my bottom :lol: .

I hope, Dani will not have a problem with her health. I'm sitting here having a hot cup of tea and I have no idea, how the real figure skaters survive this cold environment ... :?

ice_skates_dani.jpg
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:47 pm

I just finished the figure skating dress and have done the upload. I also created a simple scene. I will add one or two poses next and will also create a fashion render ... but not today, I'm too tired. :?

dani_on_ice1.jpg
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:49 am

Like your avatar on the side boards 8-) just an other way of signing them.

Enjoy the Choice :0
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby wolgade » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:38 am

Cool. Too bad, that the texture gets distorted a lot in the arm pit region.
wolgade

Postby brkurt » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:29 pm

wolgade wrote:Cool. Too bad, that the texture gets distorted a lot in the arm pit region.

A good start to solving that problem is to add an extra loop cut between upper arm and armpit; that separates the torso/armpit from the upper arm, and makes it easier to fit the texture to it.

Here's an example, with an older mesh (but it works the same with the newest proxies)

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13935&p=36947&hilit=perfect+punch#p36947
brkurt

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:46 pm

wolgade wrote:Cool. Too bad, that the texture gets distorted a lot in the arm pit region.

I guess with an extra-loop the mesh will be better, but if the distortion of the texture will be less, I don't know. Especially ballet, martial arts and also figure skating will create problems for our humans ... nevertheless I uploaded three poses into the assets, which are also presented here:

I was starting with the Kerrigan spiral (see wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_skating_spirals)

dani_kerrigan_spiral.jpg

Then I tried a sit spin (wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sit_spin):

dani_sit_spiral.jpg

And when you finish skating it might look like this:

dani_fashion_figure_skating.jpg

But as I told you: I've no idea about figure skating. Normally I change channels in TV, when this sport is presented. Maybe I should not do that in future ;)
punkduck

Postby grinsegold » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:35 pm

Amazing. Especially since you told us you don't even like the topic. Where comes your motivation from? I mustn't forget to give you a ten for the asset ;)
grinsegold

Postby punkduck » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:36 pm

grinsegold wrote:Amazing. Especially since you told us you don't even like the topic. Where comes your motivation from? I mustn't forget to give you a ten for the asset ;)

Thanx.

I was searching desperately for a new topic to present a few poses. We had "ballet" some time ago and I wrote something like "identical to figure skating" ... so no big idea. Then I looked for a dress and found out that all of these dresses have glitter effects, I thought that must look interresting in some way.

I learned about different shoes and created a pair of them. Then I figured out how the poses are called. The more I read about the topic, the more I was interrested.

BUT: In reality I know that figure skating in professional sports is earning money with underaged persons and spoiling these kids. Age limit for Olympic games is 16+, before 1997 it was not even forbidden to send children. Take Tanja Szewczenko as an example ... The circumstances of this business are the main reason why I don't like it. In some way I don't like professional sports at all ...

But when you are doing it for fun and for yourself it is okay. We have some rules in the sport I've done, e.g. you are not allowed to run officially a marathon until you are 18 ... Luckily the real Dani was born in 1990 ... so she is 27 years old now and I hope she's doing figure skating for fun ;)

As you can see I put the girls I made in all different roles of normal (and sometimes not normal) life ... sports, jobs, mother, film, cosplay, music and photo shootings. I only have done these 4 girls. Ah, I forgot the two kids in between ...
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery