the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby punkduck » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:13 pm

RobBaer wrote:I always enjoy your work so much! Great job as always.

So we know where Leska went. Am I right that you went with her to Croatia? :)

Thanks ... I try my best :)

I made a trip with a special train to Slovenia and Croatia. But your question is in a way funny. A girl looking similar to Leska was in the train, but she was not one of the tourists, she served the meals in the dining car :shock:. So I asked her directly, if she was born in same country where the original of Leska comes from. 100% match. The problem was then to explain her, how I figured it out :?

Unfortunately Leska (and all the other girls I made) could be my daughters in real life ... :(

The half-boots are ready to download ... the handbag will follow soon.
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:04 pm

So here we go. I added the handbag + half-boots and placed Leska in front of the Venetian Town Hall in Puna. The handbag is also ready for download.

I added a pose in the assets to give an example to use the handbag and I also did a "fashion render".

Be aware that the handbag is made of rigid groups, but part of the strap isn't, so it may deform weird. Maybe after exporting your character you should change the vertex groups of the handbag to something different ...

leska_pula.jpg

Maybe I should create a few shopping bags also ;)
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Just for completeness: I added a shopping bag to the assers and I changed the pose with the handbag, so that you can put the shopping bag into the other hand. So after approx. 30 minutes Leska is going in the other direction ...

So with a few clicks you can now create a familiar scene of daily life ;)

leska_pula2.jpg
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 am

Unfortunately you're not visible in the image, carrying the other 15 bags. :lol:
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:51 pm

Next I will try a short animation with hair-dynamics. One of my girls should sing and dance like in a music video.

Before I can do this, I need to "convert" my Dani character to a female singer of a industrial band. Just having visited Croatia, I got my inspiration from Ana Ćurčić of the Rijeka based band "One Piece Puzzle".

Beware: it is the harder stuff now, not shoegazer like in my all-girl band before (there must be a reason for the punkduck logo :mrgreen:)
For those who want to know, what I'm talking about, e.g.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKTKy265lR8 (approx. at minute 1 the singer appears ...)

So Dani has to get a microphone and a spike collar ... and I've to change the colors of my existing clothes and the hair-color to match the real singer.

Spike collar and microphone will be in the assets soon.

So far I only managed to do a first picture, the animation (only Dani as the singer, not the complete band) will be done soon.

dani_as_ana_jurcic.jpg

(The background-picture is directly taken from the CD-cover owned by myself.)
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:48 am

Oh boy industrial music had a young kid who worked for me that use to blast Skinny Puppy thru the PA at the restaurants we were cleaning he's touring with a circus now as a flame eater very serious young punk 8-)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:23 pm

loki1950 wrote:Oh boy industrial music had a young kid who worked for me that use to blast Skinny Puppy thru the PA at the restaurants we were cleaning he's touring with a circus now as a flame eater very serious young punk 8-)

Enjoy the Choice :)

"Flame eater"? This job seems to be more intense than network administrator or programmer :mrgreen:

Skinny Puppy was founded in 1982, a Canadian band from Vancouver. That again reminds me, that I'm an old guy meanwhile. Btw.: Skinny Puppy is working again, they toured Europe in June ...

One Piece Puzzle are a bit younger and they sing in Croatian. Okay, off topic in a way. But to get a few pictures for the keyframes I watched some videos yesterday. Most music videos (also the life ones) have scenes about 2 seconds length and then change the perspective. I tried other bands before, but it was really not simple to find a scene of the singer looking into the camera for more than 1.5 seconds :( And of course I could not use the shoegazer stuff, because these guys mostly gaze at the floor ... and did not move at all. So I needed something which is faster and where the singer is not playing an instrument. And to do that I've to create a few accessories before to make the scene more realistic.

So I made a microphone today and put it to the assets.

Tomorrow I will start with a small video. I'm not sure, if I will be successful in the end. I just took my Evi character and let her shake her hair, it looked rather convincing. I only had to change the weight and dampening of the hair so that it does not go through the skull.
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:35 pm

I tried my first video, 15 seconds of length, approx. 20 hours of rendering time and 4 evenings for posing ... and animating lights etc. Also hair-dynamics is used. Maybe I will add a few words in the tutorials.

video_test_dani_as_ana.jpg

Since I've never done this before, this is a beginners work! But I hope you like it nevertheless.

It is completely synchronized with the sound of the original video (I created a version with sound also for myself). I will not get into trouble with copyrights, so only a "karaoke"-version ;) is available.

Sound (and idea) is from the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rZz8h1_2c8 starting at 4:07. The song itself is about drugs and not a commercial for washing machines :lol:

For those, who are interrested: I used this phoneme chart

https://theendisnearus.deviantart.com/art/Phoneme-Chart-505829828

dani_as_ana_animated.mp4
(10.76 MiB) Downloaded 625 times
punkduck

Postby RobBaer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:18 am

punkduck wrote: But to get a few pictures for the keyframes I watched some videos yesterday. Most music videos (also the life ones) have scenes about 2 seconds length and then change the perspective. I tried other bands before, but it was really not simple to find a scene of the singer looking into the camera for more than 1.5 seconds :( And of course I could not use the shoegazer stuff,

I never realized how short the music video shots are. Not exactly punk, but there some singers who stay on the move in a single frame... Check out Shakira at 51 - 53 min or so, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwrC0bNWfKs More than a 1.5 s, and she's not gazing at her shoes.
:D :D
RobBaer

Postby punkduck » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:18 pm

RobBaer wrote:I never realized how short the music video shots are. Not exactly punk, but there some singers who stay on the move in a single frame... Check out Shakira at 51 - 53 min or so, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwrC0bNWfKs More than a 1.5 s, and she's not gazing at her shoes.
:D :D

When Shakira will join the shoegazer scene, I'm the first one to watch her ;)

I'm listening to different types of so-called independent music, it must not be punk. But in a festival like that in Brazil, I would be lost. And the scenes in the video are only a bit longer (maybe 5 seconds ...). My idea was to do the short video from the viewers perspective (out of the audience) without cuts.

In between I found something from a band named Cranes I listened in the 90s, where you have longer scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk_bYQoDDYo. Even that I'm still a fan of Alison Shaw, I needed something more heavy.

Unfortunately I wasn't very successful to show the effort when you sing with a loud voice (I know, not everyone will call that "singing" :mrgreen: ), I added an additional shape-key for that, moving the eyebrows to middle of the nose etc. like in this picture:

https://researchdigest.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/2c416-thinkstockphotos-172586049.jpg

You will hardly notice that at 13s in my video (at 'lajna i rotacija'). Also the hair dynamics is heavily damped, otherwise she will have bald spots instead of hair. It was simply my first test with a longer animation ...
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery