the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby loki1950 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Bravo! love the mood.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby joepal » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:27 am

Now the pager should work in the fashion gallery.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby wolgade » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:37 am

Great images.
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm

joepal wrote:Now the pager should work in the fashion gallery.

Yes, I did the fashion render today. Before I had to create a new "chestnut brown" hair color for the "curly 2" using also a brown diffuse color to get rid of the grey hair produced by the glossy shader in Blender.
This seems to work better now. I also created a "sword fight" pose.

And then I just hoped, that the number of asset slots will take all the assets I needed. It does, it was capable to take all 13 ... :)

I will add the other toons (Poison Ivy and Kill Bill's Beatrix Kiddo) also. Maybe the tennis player and swimmer as well.

loki1950 wrote:Bravo! love the mood.

Hmm, when I saw this short scene in the cinema, I immediately decided to create something like this. I visited the Balkan short after the 1990s war, so that might also be the reason, why I wanted to do something more serious even with a fantasy character. Same mood, but I didn't really love it ...
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:30 pm

The love is for the execution in creating that mood as the mood itself is really a downer but still a necessary comment on mass insanity.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:13 am

punkduck wrote:
blindsaypatten wrote:I REALLY like this!

Obligatory (hopefully contructive) personal opinion nitpick: the roughness/gloss doesn't look right to me. To me it screams smooth untextured surface, like smooth plastic, as if I'm looking at a plastic model.

This is because I only changed the input of the glossy shader from white to grey instead of connecting it with the texture or set it to black ... these dresses are a bit shiny (silk, brocade etc.), but normally not in the way I did, you are right. I guess I've to experiment with that in future. The funny thing is, that the clothes without normal map and only displacement look sometimes better than all these complicated ones using a normal map I did in the end ...

You might try playing around with using the diffuse color as the color input to the glossy node. That's what has seemed to work best for me with my recent attempt at a silky material:
QipaoSilk.png
blindsaypatten

Postby punkduck » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:27 pm

blindsaypatten wrote:
You might try playing around with using the diffuse color as the color input to the glossy node. That's what has seemed to work best for me with my recent attempt at a silky material ...

That is exactly what I did (and normally do for all my assets without a specular map as well). Also for glossy materials I often use this method ;)
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:26 pm

loki1950 wrote:The love is for the execution in creating that mood as the mood itself is really a downer but still a necessary comment on mass insanity.

This weekend I only did a few fashion renders and changed some of my assets (especially the colors of the hairstyles, the heels for Asians, a few poses). I hope Joel likes them ;)

I should do a poster of my Wonder Woman. But it is weird. Most people I asked like the sad picture more than the comic ones ... it got them thinking, even with a comic character.

So I tried the scene again, this time with the whole character. I finally managed it to create an image with Wonder Woman staying on the muddy ground in front of the historic picture. This wasn't simple, so I added the method to the tutorials.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/download/file.php?id=5470&mode=view

from tutorial

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14765#p41070
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:25 am

And you also got the refection of her boots in the puddles :ugeek: which kinda anchors her into the image that little bit that says "Wow that's real" 8-) Have to many friends who do art for a living :mrgreen:

loki1950

Postby punkduck » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:55 pm

I just wanted to do historic native American clothes. But most of these clothes for females have "wing-sleeves" (maybe not the right word, but these sleeves look like wings with their leather fringes). Like a poncho it is not really possible to do a version with makeclothes.

So I decided to do native American fashion of today, no costumes, but fashion designed by native Americans. I created one skirt very similar to an existing one, using cc0 vector graphics for leaves, feathers and scrolls not to get into trouble with copyrights. The sleeveless crop top is the reworked upper part of the tennis dress. I will upload it in white color, so that you can change it to whatever you want. The slogan "Native Americans discovered Columbus" is written with a normal Apple Font to the shirt, so it is same text, but not same style used by the original company. Glam belt (included with the skirt) and necklace are also created according to real jewelry.

Unfortunately I did not change one of my girls to be a native American. If you look for them, most will have black hair (and some of them look very beautiful :roll: ). But after doing the Wonder Woman stuff, Evi needs a vacation, so Xiao is presenting the clothes instead. I appreciate these clothes. After reading some articles (e.g. from "beyond buckskin"), I didn't do these indian costumes for party bunnies. Antiqua_Sphinge also explained the meaning of headdress feathers. Using these headdress for fashion models nearly means an assault to native American culture, maybe you heard about Heidi Klum and the controversy which evolved afterwards.

xiao_namfashion.jpg
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery