the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby punkduck » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi again

My patterns are normally a combination of handpainted patterns e.g. like a simple checkerboard in lower part of the babydoll or honeycomb pattern in breast region combined with texture-patterns.

For the texture you could use the real pattern from clothes, if you (or your girlfriend or wife ;) ) own them or sometimes you will find good pictures of clothes in the network. If the pattern is repeating you only had to find the sector with the best perspective view and repeat this so you could use the pattern like tiles. For good patterns there is a another possibility, just google for "Henna pattern".

The texture of the cocktaildress was an 8 hour work (it was my first piece of clothing, I wasn't even aware of how to change the upside-down direction of the UV Map :oops: ), for the texture of the bandeau bra including string I need about 4-5 hours.

I will continue with tight long jeans, like my model Evi is wearing in the picture when she passes a bridge in Verona (Italy) ...

evi_verona1.jpg

There is also a short pair of jeans, which uses the same texture (I guess, in this case I've to upload the texture twice ...). Users with knowledge of the structure of the mhmat-File simply should redirect the png-path. The sleeveless still shirt needs a normal-map before I will put that into MH repository, so I will add that later.

I hope the Lingerie is okay. Btw.: I had to add a max_pole parameter into the mhclo Files because of the double layer of the bra ... that was new for me.
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:33 pm

I tried out a dress from Mindfront ... for this purpose I took the blonde Dani, that's how Germans like me always think that Swedish girls look like ;)

dani_mindfront_dress.png

The dress looks a bit different, because I'm not using methods to delete vertices at the inside of the clothes. The reason is, that I had imported the nude models into Blender and then supplied them with all I need, e.g. strand hair. After that I export models with clothes from MH, I import them into Blender, throw away everything except of the clothes and put the clothes into a "library". If something is not fitting, I do the corrections in Blender.

And I always connect the color-input of the glossy-shader with the texture ... I guess the dress wasn't made from plastics. :D

I will do a little work on it, e.g. solidify the seams and I will create a colourful texture. But really, the dress looks beautiful on Dani without modifications ... so thanks a lot, Mindfront !!!

The next days I will add these clothes:

evi_lounger_nude.jpg

Ooops. No more clothes? Don't be afraid, I will continue in 7-8 days. I will be on vacation and I will meet some real people ;) in between.

Btw.: I "stole" this pose from a professional photographer ... it is often used in sensual art photography.
punkduck

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:32 pm

If this continuous we are risking an adults only rating. :mrgreen:

Btw.: I "stole" this pose from a professional photographer ... it is often used in sensual art photography.

The left leg should be in front of the right leg, otherwise it'll break the aesthetic line of the leg. :ugeek:
Aranuvir

Postby punkduck » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:06 pm

The left leg should be in front of the right leg, otherwise it'll break the aesthetic line of the leg. :ugeek:

hmm, you are absolutely right.

I will send a complaint to this pseudo-professional photographer :mrgreen:

I made this kind of pictures for academic purposes only, you know :lol:

(no not really, but I was sick of people saying that it is impossible to use MH for good looking characters and then pointing to a software where you have to pay 50 bucks for the software and 200 for the model including one piece of ugly lingerie :evil:, 'nuff said. The basemesh simply rules)
punkduck

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:07 pm

I made this kind of pictures for academic purposes only, you know

Obviously you're studying anatomy. ;)
Aranuvir

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:12 pm

The next piece of cloth will be a tube-dress. I made one before I joined the forum, but until now it needs a lot of corrections when you pose the character. And in the breast region it still looks not good enough. :(

The tube-dress itself is a very simple piece of cloth. The original is sold in a few colors. But I guess it sufficient to upload the white version only. After that I will modify the tube-top which was made for the tight jeans.
So you will have more clothes for 'normal' use.

I'm also working on a tutorial about hair-do. It takes longer than I thought, sometimes I hesitate, because the sentences I wrote sound more german than english for me. Then I look for a similar sentence in google and the construction is really english ... :?

In deutsch wäre ich schon fertig.
(I would be ready, when I wrote in german).

Here is a teaser for the tube-dress:

dani_tubedress.jpg
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:34 pm

So here is a short example of Evi for the new clothes I just uploaded. The tube top color is changed by using the method I described in the tutorial "coloring white textures" with normal maps. For a dark color the strength of the normal map should be changed to a higher value.

The background is the citadel of Kalemegdan park in Belgrade, Serbia. The picture was taken in the evening, so I created a light setup for the character in a similar manner ...

evi_in_belgrade.jpg
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:47 pm

Just added a tag request for the tube top :) for a community fav will do the same when you finish the normal map on the skirt ;) as I mentioned in my comment attached to the asset in the repo the zipper and seam are screaming for it 8-)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:14 am

Thanx. I guess after I did the normal map for the tube top, I had to do it for the tube dress as well. And the skirt and jeans also. But this may take some time, my vacation is over, so I only may work late in the evening :cry:
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:23 am

Do not worry about time as we all have time constraints job,family or just sleep I happen to be retired so have lots of time so just work on on things when you do have both the time and inspiration.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery