the daily life of models

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby Elvaerwyn » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:46 pm

My amazing punkling, I think you know my opinion by now...but really really good my friend. You show a constant improvement on realistic scenes :D.
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby loki1950 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:41 am

Can almost smell those cookies :D do love the wallpaper as well.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:00 pm

loki1950 wrote:Can almost smell those cookies :D do love the wallpaper as well.

Indeed in reality my kitchen smelled like a bakery, I loved them :)

btw.: I now understood what peanut butter can be used for. Even if North American people won't believe it. It is sth which is rarely used over here, at least in Germany.

Well loki, in my childhood we had pies (or is it called cream gateau?) with gum bears on it. A birthday party without these was not possible.

Decide what you would like more ;)

For the wallpaper: that's funny, I started with the room and discussed with Elv about the wall-paper. I use 1x1m seamless tiles.
I thought that it was much too colorful and will disturb the whole scene. In a room with this wallpaper on all 4 walls I have to go to psychiatrist after an hour.
But after adding the cabinets which all have same color it was kinda equalized so I decide not to change it.
punkduck

(OT response) Re: the daily life of models

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:59 pm

punkduck wrote:
Indeed in reality my kitchen smelled like a bakery, I loved them :)

I have been experiencing a sort of rennaisance in my cooking now that I'm retired and baking in my kitchen has increased. I've always claimed I am not a baker but a darn good cook when it comes to making meals.

Lately muffins, biscuits and cookies are being made by me in my kitchen along with a host of other things. Anybody wanting to follow what I'm up to check out my food blog at http://cowdagkitchens.com.

punkduck wrote:btw.: I now understood what peanut butter can be used for. .

You've just tempted me to make Ethiopian peanut chicken stew. Haven't made it in a long time but it is chicken cooked as a stew with 1/2 cup of peanut butter in it along with actual peanuts. My family was dubious of it until they tried it and then they loved it. It will give me a good excuse to use up some of the zucchini and yellow squash I have in the kitchen.

Besides good on sandwiches peanut butter is an ingredient I think should be utilized more often especially in low income households. A good source of protein and a little goes a long way.

Anybody besides me ever make a peanut butter BLT with jalapenos? :-) Jalapenos and peanut butter turn out to be a very good combination.
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:28 pm

With the new blender version, some really good improvements for animation are already available, especially cloth and hair simulation works good. Furthermore I found two tools to simulate breast movement. These are:

Spring bones from here: https://github.com/artellblender/springbones and wiggle bones: https://blenderartists.org/t/wiggle-bones-a-jiggle-bone-implementation-for-2-8/1154726

In the end I decided for wiggle bones. Spring bones looked good in the viewer but nothing happened in the animated frames and I also was not able to bake it.

Makewalk is gone but Thomas Larsson really did some good work, with his project, which is called retargeter now. Thomas uses json files for the different skeletons and it is easy to add or change them.

Well with that information I started a small project:

• I installed all plugins
  • I took the makehuman json file of the retargeter and changed it. I am not sure but the bones are named different in our export.
  • I also did a new t-pose for the target skeleton.
  • I loaded and retargeted a bvh of a walking female
  • I added the 3 target bones used in MHX skeleton to my skeleton, they are called toe-marker, ball-marker and heel-marker and are used for a more natural contact to the floor.
  • I used retargeter to put the character on the floor of the scene
  • I changed breast bones so that they are not connected to spine
  • I applied the "wiggle" to the breast bones but change the values a bit to simulate the bra
  • I baked the animation of the breast bones
  • I added hair dynamics to all 3 particle systems (with a high pin goal strength not to ruin her hair-do)
  • I added some animations only for face and hands from my library

This is the result:

walk_in_shower.mp4
Walk in the shower
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 605 times

walk_in_shower.png
example frame
punkduck

Postby joepal » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:50 am

This is amazing. I've got to try to learn these tools and start doing some animations.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:55 pm

Technical these are the changes I did:

changes_for_walk.png

Thomas has a repo on github also, but it was out-of-date- I don't have a bitbucket account.

So I cloned his project added all the changes with first commit and uploaded my changes as a second commit. I ask him to merge it. I dunno if the information reaches him.

This version + the changes work in the pictures will work for every character.

https://github.com/black-punkduck/retarget-bvh
punkduck

Postby MatCreator » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:19 pm

youre way more skilled as an artist than you think, great job on the compositions and renders.
MatCreator

Postby RobBaer » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:17 pm

Wow punkduck. I missed your animation when you posted it. Fantastic!
RobBaer

Postby punkduck » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:16 am

A new image after a long time of absence. I am currently working on some style elements of the 50s and 60s. This time was more colorful and simply allowed a lot of forms. To play music jukeboxes are used. They were pretty iconic I think. The design of the Wurlitzer 1015 ("bubbler") is still present on modern products. But with a variation of only 24 records it wasn't too much and also the selection of records would not satisfy a guy like me because it was mostly the top of the charts (on the box I took the titles of the top US 24 of 1956 from Wikipedia) ;)

I still know them from my childhood, they looked good. Well as long as not a drunken guy walks to the box and inserts a coin just to play a German "schlager" to ruin my day. :mrgreen:

To present the jukebox I added a 60s ponytail hairdo for my Anissa character and equipped it with

• Elvs Mini Halter Dress1 (CCBY Elvaerwyn)
  • Elvs Peep toe Slingbacks1 (CCBY Elvaerwyn)

The neon city in the background to add some colors is also from Elvaerwyn (thank you).

60s_jukebox.jpg
the colorful 50s and 60s
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery