Hot Makehuman summer

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: Hot Makehuman summer

Postby punkduck » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 pm

wolgade wrote:We all benefit from other people's ideas and work and from their kindness to share the knowledge

As I do now ... I still can't believe it ... the result using your node setup for blonde hair is absolutely astonishing.
Definitely one of the best ways we can use your cutting board from your kitchen btw. ... :lol:

I will add a few sentences in the tutorial of particle hair and will add one or two links there.

I also rendered a picture which is fitting to this thread 8-)

dani_newhair.jpg
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice. How did you manage to fit the render and the background image?
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:57 pm

wolgade wrote:Nice. How did you manage to fit the render and the background image?

Oh that was rather simple. But since it is a good method also for beginners (you only need two textures) , I added a small tutorial. Maybe other people also can append their ideas.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14765
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:08 pm

final2.jpg
Summer's almost over. Time to release the material setup for the swimsuit before it get's freezing cold: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/cycles_material_for_f_swimsuit_02.html

BTW: All three ladies wear grinsegold's elegant fingernails.
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:02 pm

wolgade wrote:
final2.jpg
Summer's almost over. Time to release the material setup for the swimsuit before it get's freezing cold: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/cycles_material_for_f_swimsuit_02.html

BTW: All three ladies wear grinsegold's elegant fingernails.

And some of these fingernails disappear in the body ... ;)

Don't care about it. The picture looks great.

And we all know these things: after at least 3 hours of render time we will find these flaws. :roll:

For reconcialiation, here are my top 10:

1. Finger disappear in skin or clothes
  2. Skin peeks through (especially because I'm not using delete groups in my own setups). And the nipples are ALWAYS looking through :o (I just had done the Xiao picture with native American clothes twice :lol:)
  3. Underwear peeks through (when I'm using skirts, the Blender group normally also contains a piece of underwear bottoms and of course the white string will appear outside of the black skirt in some poses ...)
  4. (Part of) foot/feet disappear in the floor
  5. Zombie look because of shadows ...
  6. I forgot to switch on curves instead of lines doing strand hair ...
  7. Strand hair disappears in the shoulder, ear, eyes
  8. Strand hair produces bald parts
  9. Perspective of background picture is absolutely rubbish (shadows in wrong direction etc.)
  10. Most ridicolous: camera is on the other side of a wall doing an indoor scene (the wall is switched off in the Blender view, to be able to model the scene).
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:13 pm

punkduck wrote:And some of these fingernails disappear in the body ...

:shock: Now that you told me... That's the problem. You get blind for even obvious mistakes after spending too much time with Blender. I was so busy creating some background obstacle to hide the trees on the HDRI, that I forgot to check the poses.
punkduck wrote:Don't care about it. The picture looks great.

Thanks, but I'm not too happy with the lady on the right. The ponytail looks good from the side, but I always avoided to do a frontal shot and I think there are valid reasons to avoid it.
punkduck wrote:after at least 3 hours of render time we will find these flaws.

Almost ten with GPU rendering on a GTX1070. I wanted crispy shadows for this and the other pool scene. I found a HDRI that could be used without restrictions and provided these shadows. The downside: Sharp shadows means small lamp. Small lamp means noise and fireflies with Cycles. This is especially true in conjuction with refraction (water). You have to use a lot of samples to get out of the noisy hell.
punkduck wrote:Strand hair disappears in the shoulder, ear, eyes

I had this one with the lady in the middle. At least I discovered it soon enough and all by myself. :D
punkduck wrote:Most ridicolous: camera is on the other side of a wall doing an indoor scene (the wall is switched off in the Blender view, to be able to model the scene).

My all time favourite. Objects switched of in the view port. Happened the last time when we were discussing lighting. The hairstyle of the character I used was derived from the ponytail as I'm a lazy guy and hate to do all the settings over and over again. The render included a small torus which only made sense for the ponytail. This torus was just freely flying above the head of my character. Do I need to tell that this flaw was the very last to render?
wolgade

Postby blindsaypatten » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:30 am

After coming down in the morning to look at an overnight render and finding such things one too many times I started using progressive renders for most long renders. Also, you can set a large samples value and stop a progressive render whenever you are satisfied rather than having to predict the number of samples that will be required.
blindsaypatten

Postby loki1950 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:54 am

Also use buffering options that are on the render settings page under performance might cut your render time a wee bit :D

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby wolgade » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:34 pm

blindsaypatten wrote:I started using progressive renders for most long renders.

I was told that it's much slower than tiled render. I must admit that I never checked whether this is true.
loki1950 wrote:Also use buffering options

Thanks. I'll have to try this.
wolgade

---

Postby DredNicolson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:44 am

You could do the shadows in Blender Internal in another scene with the same assets and post-process them in as a Render Layer with the compositor. Just give every object the default material, since we're only in it for the shadows. Getting sharp shadows with BI raytracing is easy and fast. (It's getting soft and indirect shadows with it that's hard.)

My box has two Radeon RX 480s Crossfire'd together, and I still do 'cheats' like this to save rendertime (or as an artistic choice). :geek:
DredNicolson

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery