me always trying to find the perfect face for my tastes

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

me always trying to find the perfect face for my tastes

Postby fairyrak » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi

I had tried to create a face and head that would be the most possible beautiful one for my opinions, for my tastes and I liked it a lot but in the long run no, it was ugly so I tried remaking it with a little better method and I got this one.

(80% finished) (I'll probably start a new one from scratch as today some months later I noticed that there is a new version of makehuman (1.1.0) and at a first glance the people look very good, except for not having a lot of hairstyles, (I would like 200 hairstyles to choose from...) but maybe there is a way to download them somewhere
Attachments
kd.jpg
fairyrak

Re: me always trying to find the perfect face for my tastes

Postby joepal » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:24 pm

fairyrak wrote:but maybe there is a way to download them somewhere

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/bodyparts.html
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby fairyrak » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:27 pm

joepal wrote:
fairyrak wrote:but maybe there is a way to download them somewhere

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/bodyparts.html

thanks, this was faster than I even started to search
fairyrak

Postby Tanny » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:01 pm

I like the hair on image above, nice job. Can you explain how you did that? Thanks.
Tanny

Postby fairyrak » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:39 pm

The hair or everything? well the hair was a hair that was present in 1.0.2 if I remember correctly, so you can even put that hair in the newest version

For the other parts I opened the usual file in a text editor and it turned out that every part of the face ranged either from -1 to 1 or from 0 to 1 (you can open it with notepad and see many numbers (you can even change those numbers to whatever you like or simply slide the bars, it's the same

So I knew that so I then manipulated each feature more or less randomly but the idea was to evaluate every part of the head and find out what looked better? by asking myself the question: does it look better with it being more to the left (nearer to 0 or more to the right (nearer to 1 maybe)) so

If the part in the mhm file ranged from 0 to 1 I asked myself
I doubt what number from 0to 1 to choose so do I prefer it with 0.25 or with 0.75?

If 0.25 won then I now evaluated the interval from 0 to 0.5 instead and asked myself
do you prefer it with 0.125 or with 0.375?

If i preferred the result with 0.375 then i now evaluated the interval from 0.25 to 0.5 and so on

And so on (but approximately) (as I didn't use an exact mathematical formula which is what i really used with the newest version of the program (in my other post it looked much better by doing that!) and it was very fun, I didn't repent because what I got was like a combination of the traits of many faces that I have seen and liked in real life and everything was because I was unbiased and it was fun. I guess nobody will be interested in a formula (or do you want me to explain all that exactly?) but I'm a big fan of it and of the results, I know nothing of graphical design but I knew a little bit about things related to math and it was fun for me
fairyrak

Postby RobBaer » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:28 pm

fairyrak wrote:
For the other parts I opened the usual file in a text editor and it turned out that every part of the face ranged either from -1 to 1 or from 0 to 1 (you can open it with notepad and see many numbers (you can even change those numbers to whatever you like or simply slide the bars, it's the same

So I knew that so I then manipulated each feature more or less randomly but the idea was to evaluate every part of the head and find out what looked better? by asking myself the question: does it look better with it being more to the left (nearer to 0 or more to the right (nearer to 1 maybe)) so

... and so on

I'm sure you had quite some fun doing this, but did you know about the Modeling | Random tab ? You can click a button to generate random models with groups of characteristics either turned on (or not) for each random generation?

If you did not try this, you might find that interesting as well.
RobBaer

Postby fairyrak » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:34 am

Thanks for remembering it to me because I'm thinking right now that I could play a game of "being a judge" by doing this

random model 1 vs
random model 2

random model 3 vs
random model 4

random model 5 vs
random model 6

random model 7 vs
random model 8

result: 4 winners that have 1 win and 0 loss
if they play we get 2 winners with 2 wins and 0 losses
if they play we get a overall winner with 3 wins and 0 losses
final result: the most perfect one "so far" or whatever, it can even be instead of perfect, the angriest, the scariest, the funnier, I don't know

at the end i could get a winner with many more wins and 0 losses with more models (the absolutely bad thing is that it's not auto so it would be too much work to save images and stats in excel and in bmps or in whatever other way. Or maybe this kind of tournament isn't even the best way

I haven't explored that random feature a lot, but I anyways would be happy to play if all the assets have a chance to happen (the bad thing is that there aren't and maybe there can't be random hairstyles... or at least like 60 because people haven't created a lot of them and many of the ones I downloaded didn't work or have some kind of problem and for sure I would be very lazy or especially not talented enough make hairstyles myself...

The other bad thing I'm noticing right now is that all noses look very sharp for my tastes
fairyrak

Postby fairyrak » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:38 am

And that there are not random eyebrows, that would have been handy, because I hate most of the predefined ones, they are very raised high (maybe this is normal in other countries different than mine but I hate that trait lol
fairyrak

Postby fairyrak » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:00 am

Well i just tried it and I won't try it anymore, the result is that although like 3% or them are interesting for my tastes, like 97% don't look really random because of that same hairstyle, nose and eyebrows
fairyrak

Postby loki1950 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Eyebrows are not part of the base mesh so no way to randomize at all.You should be able to get some randomization of the nose pick the right sliders in the face/nose sub-section.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Return to Gallery