Making Fat Women in Make Human

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: Making Fat Women in Make Human

Postby Elvaerwyn » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:44 am

Greetings,
Sorry been a spell, been very busy irl. I have looked at this problem, and it is quite complex but I created a few more sliders and was actually able on mh side to get the neck to look rather flawless to my eyes. I will put the zip here again for you to look over and see if you can arrive at a similar place. I will also try to work out some more sliders and crease fixes as I look closer at the mesh distortion mh and blender side both. again, not using any of the repo sliders only the ones I have created, as the conflict does start to become too much for me and harder to move forward on a full set,
Elv

Edit: added a few more targets for legs and arms for my full set.
Attachments
bigladytargets3.zip
more targets for big lady project
(38.97 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
bigladytargets2.zip
corrections for neck area, need to use all together but mixed amounts depending on model
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby Ricardo2020 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:52 pm

Greetings, Elvaerwyn.

The targets you have made are superb in every way, allowing for some very realistic big girl model making.

The targets behave well when used exclusively or along with existing repo assets. As an example of the latter, I give you Cassie Tarwater as rendered in the GIMP. She is sleeping on red satin sheets. Know that the background is just a flat image and the shadows that should be there were not created. It is a rough image made to show off Cassie's lovely curves.

satin sheets 1.png
Cassie Tarwater asleep on a red satin sheet

Some facts about this woman:

Name: Cassie Jane Tarwater
Birthplace: Mount Olympus City Medical Center, Mount Olympus, Mars
Race: Martian Caucasian Human Female
Hair: blond, medium long, straight, shiny and thick
Eyes: light brown with rainbow sparkles
Skin: creamy white and smooth
Height: 5 feet 2 inches, petite
Weight: 276 pounds, size 18 plus
Intellect: Mensa genius, 145 IQ
Education: Master in computer science
Profession: digital system engineer
Health: clinically obese
Strength: moderate
Endurance: low
Constitution: spice sensitive stomach
Dexterity: left handed
Sight: 20/30
Medical Conditions: type 2 diabetes
Lifestyle: sedentary (office desk workstation)
Hobbies: music, reading, art, sewing
Manners: soft spoken and polite
Emotion: passionate and studious

I am once again owing you a great debt of gratitude for the hard work you put into these assets. I consider your work to be the prime mover of the program and cannot wait to see the next offerings from your efforts.

Many thanks, Elv.
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Postby Ricardo2020 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:28 pm

Wow!

You are a genius, Ma'am.

I looked at the new controls. We are getting very close. Perhaps we are already there. I played with them on Cassie, but, as you have stated (and to which I agree), I need to try them on a new model which uses only your sliders. Then I should know exactly how they act and what other stuff needs to be addressed after the testing.

When I do the new model, I will show you the results in this thread. I am predicting that we are getting close to being able to put these wonderful targets into the repo.

Once again, I really do appreciate all this hard work you are putting into these sliders. I am certain that other artists who enjoy the curvy side of life will like them when they go gold and we get to announce their addition to the asset collection.

Thanks much, Elv. More than words can say!

As a side note, I am curious. Your attention to detail is uncanny. Are you shaped in real life anything like the models we are building in 3D? If not, your eyes are keen and you have obviously studied the BBW form with uncompromising scrutiny. Either way, you have talents I can only wish for and I have much respect for them and you.

This is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Let's keep going (as time allows, that is!)
Ricardo2020

Postby Elvaerwyn » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:02 pm

Greetings,

Aw you are very kind and generous and I appreciate your excitement over the project! No I am not actually a large lady myself(boring average tbh- at 5 foot 7, and 130 pnds or so), though I have many heavy people in my family and my friend pools. The thing, with my art, is that I am observant over many years on the planet, and I truly study the muse I am working with eh. I would like to honor the project at hand whether it effects myself personally or not, and to be quite frank the heavy lady category needed some serious tlc. I also have pretty much no prejudices that affect my ability to work in most all mediums. I simply like art and artists. I am adding a few more and will add more on the weekend if I work out more good target sliders, or beginning next week as time allows, I truly needed to do some art as I have fully neglected this area for months now! So really ty for giving me something artistic to have an excuse to put time and passion into!

Elv
Attachments
frontgrid.png
front grid with smooth as far along as I am at present
backgrid.png
backgrid with smooth as far along as I got
bigladytargets4.zip
more targets to correct and add to project
(10.39 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Elvaerwyn

Postby Ricardo2020 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:45 pm

This is great!

I will put these on the 'station too. I am getting a humongous custom folder and I think the targets need to be in sub folders to make them easier to find in MH/Custom.

I did some work with the latest ones before these and had success in creating five models. Three of these are not rigged, textured, or otherwise. Two were made with the stock sliders untouched save for the gender, muscle and weight. The first model did not use these at all. The third model used these plus the muscle and weight sliders. I can upload a ZIP of these three base models if you like.

The other two of the five models are more complete and they are variations of the third base model. The bases could be thought of as thick, thicker, and thickest. The last one was used to make the two final models. One of these simply pushes the weight slider up and the muscle slider down. The fifth one does some minor tweaks using the rest of the targets you put in the assets at MH. I used all but the male targets to make that gal.

I will put images of these models in this thread when I have them finished and rendered. I must say that it was fun to work with those sliders and all of them worked well together, although some are stronger than others and in many ways they all interact but in very predictable and manageable ways.

So: off I go to see what that latest upload of yours does. It looks to be very interesting by looking at those wireframe images showing the mesh warping.

Once again, my hat is off to you with infinite thanks. I think we are both inspired and driven by the project.

As a side note, speaking of stature, I am a slender and tall fellow at 6'1" and 150 pounds soaking wet. I am quite strong for my size though, and can put 300 pounds anywhere you want it. Give me a hand truck and that goes up to 600. I ain't bragging. I am a musician who has done heavy lifting all my life. Because of this, I am considered to be super...

As for knowing what people look like in real life, I have had many moons as a pro photographer with lots of Nikon kit. I love to look at people. They come in so many sizes and shapes. Being inquisitive, I have learned what these profiles mean, both athletically and clinically. Plus, I have first aid time as a trail medic in the park. Life under the hat, yes...
Ricardo2020

Postby Ricardo2020 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:54 am

Making A Thick Girl 2.png
How to make a thick girl
Based on BBW targets by Elv

Here are the five models from my experiments with the BBW targets we are working with. There is also a ZIP file containing these models and images of each one.

thick girl project 1.zip
Five BBW models for Make Human
Based on targets by Elv
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 174 times

From left to right, we have: Default Female, Thick Girl 1, Thick Girl 2, Thick Girl 3, Thick Girl 4, and Miranda Dibbs, an international chef from California who also part times as a very lovely plus sized model for fashion magazines featuring swim suits and underwear for the larger ladies out there.

Miranda is a more complete model which calls for some additional skin, eye, eyelash, eyebrow, teeth and hair assets made by third parties. These include a skin called young lightskinned female diffuse2 tan lines 1, Fhair01 (with black texture by me - you can use the default material until I upload the five new materials I have made for this hair), brown eyes, Mind teeth 06, Eyelashes02, Eyebrow001, and a topology called Adult female genitalia healed. All files are in the assets collection and are given by actual names on the list to make them easy to search for and find. The default Make Human skeleton was also placed in this model.

Miranda blowing kiss.png
Miranda blowing a kiss

In the Make Human render above, we get to see Miranda pose for the camera as she blows us a nice kiss. From this top down angle, her ample curves are on display for those wanting to get a good look at what the targets are capable of doing. The belly is very realistic. So is that happy face. Every BBW target you have made is in use here. The target sliders range in strength from 12% to 100%, depending on the strength and vector of each target verses the needs of making the model.

As you can see, your work yields stellar results. Know that this is a quick and dirty experiment. I plan to work more with this set to get even closer to reality as I learn more about combining the targets with a more delicate touch on the sliders and more time spent moving them around. What you see above took me just a few hours. One can spend days doing it right, since there are so many controls to play around with now.

Again, I am profoundly grateful for this set of files and the opportunity to try them out before they go public, even though those who follow this forum topic can very easily download the assets in question. Perhaps, when they do, we will get to see what they do with them.

Hopefully some new models will appear in the assets pages.
Ricardo2020

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:28 pm

After playing with the new targets on an existing model (made before the targets were available), I came up with this more refined version. The model in question is known by the name of Eva Gomez. She is seen in the first image on this thread where the five girls are posing on a forest trail. Eva is second from the left, the tall woman in the green sport bra made by punkduck (with the addition of a custom green color by me). Below are some facts about the model:

Name: Eva Gomez
Birthplace: Manilla Medical Complex, Philippines
Race: Latino Human Female
Hair: charcoal, long, straight, shiny and thick
Eyes: light brown with rainbow sparkles
Skin: light brown with moles
Height: 6 feet 3 inche, tall ssbbw (giantress)
Weight: 336 pounds, size 26 plus
Intellect: above average, 127 IQ
Education: high school
Profession: lucha cholita
Health: normal
Strength: high
Endurance: high
Constitution: high
Dexterity: right handed
Sight: 20/20
Medical Conditions: obese
Lifestyle: active (female wrestler)
Hobbies: music, drawing, martial arts
Manners: quiet and vengeful
Emotion: introverted and determined
Religion: catholic
Alignment: lawful neutral

Eva Gomez 4 views resized.png
Eva Gomez, lucha cholita champion
Four views showing full body

In the image above, we can study the way these targets sculpt the figure to arrive at a more realistic SSBBW form. The belly is definitely closer to what it would be in real life. Getting the arms and legs to look right was also fixed when the targets were used to correct problems during the first attempt at putting the model together.

Facial portrait 1.png
Looking closer at Eva's face
New targets model chin with more realism

As has been discussed earlier in this thread, a major area of concern was the face, specifically, the chin/neck juncture. The new targets allow this area to be created without the problem of the seam where the head and neck join, as seen in the image above. The targets made it possible to fix this so that the face is closer to the real item, allowing the seam to be corrected. You can see this more clearly in the side profile portrait below.

Facial portrait 2.png
A side profile portrait
Corrected double chin

Again I must give my thanks for all the hard work in making these targets and allowing me to beta test them. As you can see, the results are incredible.
Last edited by Ricardo2020 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ricardo2020

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:57 pm

Greetings, Elv.

I have revised this thread with new images that have a gray background instead of the blinding white background of the original images. I hope this is easier on the eyes, especially for those viewing the topic on a big screen in a dark room at night.

Below is an example of a more light handed touch on the new faders in creating a less heavy female model. This one falls into the thick but not fat catagory. Her name is Teenah Ritchy. She is from Regelia and is the captain of a starship.

Teenah Ritchy full body 1.png
Teehah Ritchy
Starship Captain

We started with a default female. Then, we cranked up the weight fader to maximum. Finally, we applied the new targets. The results are very realistic.

Many thanks for the new controls, Ma'am. Much fun, these are.
Last edited by Ricardo2020 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricardo2020

Postby Elvaerwyn » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:45 pm

Greetings again,
Glad to see you are having fun experimenting with the controls, as requested here are some neck roll sliders to add to the pile.
Elv
Attachments
neckrollstargets.zip
Targets for neck area of model
(9.12 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Elvaerwyn

Postby Ricardo2020 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:41 am

Greetings, Elc.

These files are now in Custom and have been looked at. They make the neck roll, but I have not learned how to use them yet. I did use them with all the others to create the model you see below:

Paladin of Regelia 1.png
Fakkh Jareedh, Regelia
human battle leader

Fakkh Jareedh is not from our solar system at all. Her parent star is over 22,000 light years distant. Her world is much like ours, but it is almost entirely covered with water and has only one large island (continent). The planet is known as Regelia and the large equatorial island is called Pacifica. Fakkh is sworn to protect the island and its residents. She tirelessly and selflessly serves the planetary high council in this regard, being the leader in any battle to save her world.

As you can see, the targets are highly effective when used all together but in small amounts. Fakkh looks very convincing. However, she is not an earthling, as is visible in her skin and clothes. She is superhuman. Fakkh has no fear. Her mission is clear. Protect Pacifica. And that begs one to ask... protect it from what? And so, the story is already getting interesting, eh?

BTW, I am again owing you a great debt of gratitude for all the hard work on this project. It is beginning to yield some very nice results. Many thanks.
Ricardo2020

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery